Integration and Test engineer for Ericsson Cloud Container Distribution (ECCD)
We are looking for Integration and Test engineer for Ericsson Cloud Container Distribution (ECCD) who verifies, tests & maintains our OpenStack based network function virtualization (NFV) platform ECCD. Our product is the virtualization, control, and management layer in the Ericsson Cloud System portfolio. It is a cloud platform securing that several applications, such as virtual network functions, can effectively share the infrastructure resources in terms of compute, storage, and network. Your role will be to support the integration and deployment of ECDD in customer environment. At the same time, you will be able to constantly learn new cutting edge open source technologies, gain experience in various areas of product development, integration, verification, maintenance and support. Beside this you can deepen your knowledge in DevOps ways of working and enterprise product delivery. You will lile this role if you like playing with Linux, integrating and configuring components, writing scripts, troubleshooting, documenting, verifying on real hardware as well as in virtual environment and eventually coding to achieve a smoothly working and well-integrated product.
Responsibilities & Tasks:
· Design and integrate infrastructure from open source components and perform troubleshooting in internal as well as customer networks
· Take part in the network design, component development, integration, verification, and deployment to customer support
· Drive continuous improvements of products and processes
· Constantly develop your competences
· Fluency in English both written and oral
· BS or MS degree in Computer Science or extensive experience in related area
· Strong hands-on mentality and flexibility to perform whatever task that needs to be done in the software development cycle
· Solid understanding of software development, from design and architecture through verification, release, and customer support
· Experience with Linux system administration
· Understanding of shell scripting (e.g., Python, bash)
· Passion and engagement in constantly making things better
You have a big plus if you have some experience in some of the areas below:
· Configuration management (e.g., Puppet, Ansible, SaltStack)
· DevOps tools (e.g., Git, Gerrit, Jenkins)
· IP networking concepts and packet analysis (e.g., Ethernet, TCP/IP, wireshark / tcpdump)
· Virtualization (e.g., KVM, QEMU, libvirt) and Cloud technologies (e.g., OpenStack, Docker/Container, Kubernetes)
· Agile methodologies (e.g., Kanban, XP)
Why is Ericsson a great place to work?
· Ericsson is the driving force behind the Networked Society where every person and every industry is empowered to reach their full potential. Mobility, broadband and the cloud are transforming the world, enabling industries and society to provide better services, capture new opportunities, improve businesses, increase efficiency, and create new user experiences.
· Our services, software and infrastructure support every major telecom operator in the world. The transformation that this brings allows people, business, and society to fulfill their potential and build a more sustainable future.
· With some 100,000 employees and customers in 180 countries, we combine global scale with technology and services leadership. We support networks that connect more than 2.5 billion subscribers. 40 percent of the world’s mobile traffic is carried over Ericsson networks.
· At Ericsson, we give our employees the freedom to think big. Your ideas and innovations can turn into achievements that impact society and change the world. Are you ready to be a change-maker? Learn what makes YOU + Ericsson a powerful combination. Join us today.
· Founded in 1876, Ericsson has its headquarters in Stockholm, Sweden. Ericsson is listed on NASDAQ OMX stock exchange in Stockholm and the NASDAQ in New York.