Automation Project Manager
Description of the Unit
Group IT is a function hosted in Business Area Managed Services with the aim to shape and execute our digital strategy, vision and to ensure cross-functional execution. Automation & AI is a key theme of Ericsson Digital Transformation and Group IT continues to build up world class competence in this area to drive business transformation, and to ensure secure and scalable development, deployment and continued operations of automations.
This position will be reporting to the Head of Automation & AI Execution.
The position is to be held in Sweden (Kista) or India (Bangalore or Kolkata) or US (Dallas) to be close to the team and stakeholders and to minimize internal travel.
This successful leader must have digital, technical & Project Management expertise and excellent communication skills that allow for cultivating confidence and trust with our stakeholders within Ericsson.
The preferred candidate will have either a management consulting or background delivering large-scale IT solutions and/or outsourced application development/operations management background.
The role demands considerable flexibility in quickly adapting to shifting needs, and is expected to effectively cover a range of responsibilities including, but not limited to
- Ensure that all projects are delivered on-time, within scope and within budget
- Perform Process Study across Units and build Process Maps
- Identify Automation opportunities to improve efficiency, reduce costs, mitigate risks
- Understand Business requirements / challenges, document scope & objectives, evaluate & identify appropriate Technology Solution to meet the requirements
- Manage multiple stakeholders Clients, Business Units, SPOCs, Partners, Vendors etc to achieve the desired benefits
- Develop a detailed project plan to track progress, manage project scope, schedule and costs
- Report Project Metrics and escalate to management as needed
- Perform risk management to minimize project risks and report in a timely manner
- Manage multiple projects with smart prioritization of tasks and deliverable
- Identify possible operational issues and work to avoid them before they happen
We have high expectations on you as an individual, to bring a good combination of broad-based business, leadership, and functional experience:
- 7-10 years of relevant professional work experience with at least 4 years of experience in project management
- Ability to understand the needs from each business units and/or business drivers and sponsors
- Proven experience managing projects, effective time management, following and meeting deadlines, as well as, managing teams
- Experience in creating, managing, and following budgets
- Hands-on experience in the area of Automation
- Superior influencing, presentation and communication skills
The following is a strong plus:
- Hands-on experience working with some Cognitive, Low-Code or RPA tool
- Management consulting experience
- Experience working with onshore and offshore vendor/partners
- Deep understanding on how a global organization works and interact between different function/units·
- Master degree in Engineering or Business Administration
- Expertise in Six Sigma, Lean Process Management frameworks
- Development experience
Faisal Noor - Primary Recruiter
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetics.
Ericsson complies with applicable country, state and all local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location across the world in which the company has facilities. In addition, Ericsson supports the UN Guiding Principles for Business and Human Rights and the United Nations Global Compact.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and development.
Ericsson expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetic information.
Primary country and city: Sweden (SE) || || Stockholm || IT
Req ID: 274688