Environmental Health & Safety (EHS) Specialist
Ericsson is a world-leading provider of telecommunications equipment and services to mobile and fixed network operators. Over 1,000 networks in more than 180 countries use Ericsson equipment and more than 40 percent of the world's mobile traffic passes through Ericsson networks. Using innovation to empower people, business & society, we are working towards the Networked Society, in which everything that can benefit from a connection will have one.
Ericsson’s operations in Finland serve as an important research and development center and the company hosts a number of high-skilled services experts working globally. In Finland Ericsson currently employs some 800 employees and the main site is located in Kirkkonummi.
We are looking for an Environmental Health & Safety Specialist to provide Occupational Health & Safety (OHS) and Environmental support for Ericsson Finland, coordinate responsibilities to meet business needs and ensure compliance with Group and Regional Occupational Health & Safety and Environmental procedures. In this role, you will coordinate our occupational healthcare services, provide expertise for supporting our employees’ wellbeing and safety and lead the health and safety committee at Ericsson Finland as our H&S manager (työsuojelupäällikkö). You will work closely with our local HR team and as part of the global EHS organization, with your EHS colleagues in different countries. The position is based in Kirkkonummi, Finland and reporting to the EHS Head of Europe and Latin America.
Responsibilities & Tasks
- EHS Chief (työsuojelupäällikkö)
- Responsible for driving EHS including preventive wellbeing activities in Ericsson Finland
- Manage EHS reporting and incident management as well as EHS audits
- Apply and facilitate execution of EHS policies and directives
- Participate in site inspections, incident investigations and reporting
- Chair the EHS Committee and co-operate with H&S Delegates
- Monitor and ensure compliance with labor laws, OHS legislation, Environmental legislation
- Coordinating the health services and cooperation with occupational healthcare stakeholders
- Advice and coach on good work ability management, rehabilitation and pensions
- Provide functional EHS expertise and training to managers and employees
Position Qualifications and Core Competences:
- A Master's degree in a relevant field is required.
- Professional experience of OHS work and a passion for improving wellbeing at work
- Solid knowledge of OHS Finnish legal requirements.
- Experience of Environmental Management System is an advantage
- Experience of multinational matrix organizations and working in virtual teams is an advantage.
- Analytical skills yet hands-on, customer-oriented, organized and flexible work attitude
- Work productively in the face of ambiguity or uncertainty. Respond resourcefully and constructively to new demands, priorities, and challenges or obstacles.
- Strong interpersonal, presentation and communication skills
- Fluent written and spoken Finnish and English.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
We welcome the opportunity to meet you!
What we offer you:
- Possibility to build your career; learn and develop in a truly international company with colleagues from 40 different countries in our Jorvas office only
- Possibility to shape the future and build the Networked Society
- Competitive Ericsson benefit package
- Different clubs and other leisure activities with amazing colleagues; free gym and tennis & football field just to mention a few
Learn more about working at Ericsson Finland:
We are processing the applications as soon as received, so apply online already today, but latest 30th April.
For additional information, please contact
Anu-Kristiina Holm, Head of Human Resources, on Thursday 18th or 25th April at 10-11, Mob. +358 40 591 7273.
or Hedvig Boros, Customer Unit EHS Head of North and Central Europe,
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetics.
Ericsson complies with applicable country, state and all local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location across the world in which the company has facilities. In addition, Ericsson supports the UN Guiding Principles for Business and Human Rights and the United Nations Global Compact.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and development.
Ericsson expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetic information.
Primary country and city: Finland (FI) || || Jorvas, Kirkkonummi || SharedServ
Req ID: 274487