"X" as a Service Solution Architect
"X" as a Service is the future of telecommunication industry. We in XaaS are re-inventing the services provider experience and intending to accelerate the latest innovations seen in both mobile and cloud world by offering Ericsson's class leading solutions through our private cloud instead of on-premises.
As a startup underneath the broader Ericsson Business Area: Digital Services, XaaS does this by delivering best in class solutions and platforms with leading technologies, built and delivered by the best people. In our endeavor to help our clients id Cloudification opportunism and make it easy for them to enter into the Digital world, we are leveraging web scale with an iconic user experience for our clients and their customers, and therefore we expect to be the partner of choice for service providers.
Ericsson Business Area Digital Services provides solutions and platforms in OSS, BSS, Telecom Core, Communication Services and Cloud Infrastructure – leveraging cloud and automation technology.
Purpose of Job Role
We are now looking for a Cloud Service Solution Architect, who will be responsible for analyzing, designing and developing commercially viable end-to-end cloud based technical solutions for the customers. In this role, you will also be accountable for providing profitable business for Ericsson by translating customer needs and technology opportunities into detailed technical offering, solutions and proposals. You will also get to follow that solution through on the journey through implementation and go live, ensuring a seamless experience for the clients prior to transfer to operations.
- Scope, define and design solution offerings; driving end-to-end technical solutions
- Analyze customer technology, define business requirements and participate in risk analysis
- Work with core team on list of potential activities and solutions
- Develop technical presentations and proposals, and perform customer presentations
- Support deployment of solution, including recommendations on tools to support from operations if required
- Provide feedback to R&D
- Participate in knowledge transfer, documentation and information sharing
- Stay abreast of new technology/technical areas and share information about solution to enable customer competence build
- Education: Minimum Bachelor’s degree in engineering or equivalent
- Min 5 years designing and implementing Cloud based technology tools and solutions including knowledge of OpenStack, NFV, SDN, etc.
- Minimum 10 years industry experience working with Core Telecom networks, including LTE and VoLTE. Working with tier 1 CSPs is an advantage.
- Adept at business case creation and building technical solutions
Beneficial Skills and Experience:
- Proven ability to manage senior/executive internal stakeholders and customers
- Experience with solutioning and delivering XaaS solutions
- Experience designing and building IP Networking solutions
- Experiences related to project management methodologies, techniques and tools
- Experience working with multi-national global decentralized organizations with the ability to establish good working climate in a virtual environment using phone, mail and collaboration tools as communication vehicles
- Master’s degree and/or Armed Service Veteran taken into consideration but not required
DISCLAIMER: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of employees assigned to this position. Therefore employees assigned may be required to perform additional job tasks required by the manager.
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/Disabled/Veterans. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, protected veteran status, union membership or genetics information.
Ericsson complies with applicable country, state and all local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location across the world in which the company has facilities. In addition, Ericsson supports the UN Guiding Principles for Business and Human Rights and the United Nations Global Compact.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and development.
Ericsson expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, protected veteran status, union membership or genetic information.
Ericsson will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by Ericsson or (c) consistent with Ericsson’s legal duty to furnish information.
Employee Polygraph Protection Act Notice - Employers are generally prohibited from requiring or requesting any employee or job applicant to take a lie detector test, and from discharging, disciplining, or discriminating against an employee or prospective employee for refusing to take a test or for exercising other rights under the Act. For more information, visit https://www.dol.gov/whd/regs/compliance/posters/eppac.pdf.
Ericsson is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing reasonable accommodation for qualified disabled individuals during the application and hiring process. Ericsson will make modifications or adjustments to the job application or interview process that will enable a qualified applicant to be considered for a position. If you require an accommodation due to a disability, please contact Ericsson at email@example.com or (866) 374-2272 (US) or (877) 338-9966 (Canada) for further assistance.
Primary country and city: United States (US) || || Plano || ServEng
Req ID: 274200