Firewall Administrator - Security Operations Level 2
We are now looking for a 2nd Level Security Operations professional for our Managed Security team. This position will be responsible for day-to-day Fortinet firewall administration and support, including implementing firewall policies and troubleshooting. The professional will ensure that the firewalls are operational, including firewall device health and availability management, and service-level reporting. The professional will work alongside a highly skilled, diverse team, making sure that the information assets that we are responsible to protect, are secured.
- Responsible for day-to-day operational issues of Fortinet firewalls. Administration, troubleshooting and networking background is required. Knowledge of other firewall technologies is a plus.
- Strong technical ability to troubleshoot firewall problems in a large enterprise involving complex network application flows between multiple hosts, spanning multiple firewalls/security zones and different geographic locations
- Proven hands-on experience with firewalls and a comprehensive knowledge of IP networking and network security
- Understanding of tunneling technologies
- Be part of an on-call rotation to monitor, analyze and resolve critical networking issues and incidents, including on an emergency basis
- Good understanding of the TCP/IP protocol suite
- Knowledge of firewall technologies - Fortinet Firewalls and Forti Authenticator
- Knowledge of load balancing technologies
- Ability to systematically troubleshoot issues
- Monitor, test, analyze and evaluate the existing network environment and optimize it based on resiliency, technological advancements and cost
- 4 to 7 years experience with at least 4 years of experience in IT and 2 years in firewall operations
- The ability to work constructively under pressure
- Flexibility and ability to work both in a team as well as individually
- Knowledge sharing and collaboration skills
- Customer oriented, Service minded
- Deliver results and meet customer expectations
- Excellent communication skills
Academics and Certifications
- Education: Academic degree
- Security +, CCNA Security
- CISSP certification is an advantage
- ITIL certification is an advantage
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetics.
Ericsson complies with applicable country, state and all local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location across the world in which the company has facilities. In addition, Ericsson supports the UN Guiding Principles for Business and Human Rights and the United Nations Global Compact.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and development.
Ericsson expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetic information.
Primary country and city: India (IN) || || Bangalore || IT
Req ID: 274188