IoT Partner & Alliances Ecosystem Director
The IoT Studio is a new organization within Ericsson designed to bring a co-creation and rapid innovation approach to develop minimum viable IoT products with industrial IoT players, webscale players, and/or carriers. The Studio will drive adoption of exciting new opportunities like IoT driven Smart Manufacturing, Connected Cars & Infrastructure, Connected Healthcare, Smart Agriculture, Smart Cities, AR/VR, Network Virtualization, and more.
The primary responsibility of the IoT Partner & Alliances Ecosystem Manager will be establishing, executing and nourishing IoT partnerships across the ecosystem. You will become the go-to person within Ericsson on startup technologies and ecosystem trends to support co-creation development, enablement of Ericsson sales teams, and general promotion of Ericsson IoT activities.
- Responsible for developing Partner relationships to drive Net Sales in support of the IoT Studio opportunities and cross partner value
- Develop and execute programs and events to engage with IoT and startup community
- Support and achieve channel revenue target success
- Establish strategic relationships & appropriate business models with various system integrators and customers
- Drive awareness of eco-system technology alliances and channels where triangulated GTM approach with EB GCU & Ericsson customers will drive increased revenue
- Support ongoing enablement of key accounts
- Test various working models under a “fail fast “model
- Support the ongoing management of partnerships to ensure partnerships remain healthy and deliver on their potential
- Support any/all other efforts as they are identified throughout the process such as onsite partner/customer engagements, presentations, event attendance, etc.
- IoT ecosystem and/or startup ecosystem resonance and ability to establish/maintain credibility
- Operational discipline
- Leadership and management
- Financial acumen
- Communication, both verbal and written
- Attention to detail with exceptional organizational skills
- Uncompromising ethics and transparent operational approach
- Collaborative yet decisive
- “Get to CAN” attitude and behavior
- 5+ years of experience in the Technology in partnerships, business development, sales.
- Experience in partner benefits administration processes
- Must have excellent communication skills and a team player attitude
- BS degree from an accredited university or equivalent experience
You might also have:
- Experience in Financials / Contracts / Commercials and IPR with special focus on partnerships
- Solid base of technical understanding across Ericsson portfolio
Travel is required 30 - 50%
DISCLAIMER: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of employees assigned to this position. Therefore employees assigned may be required to perform additional job tasks required by the manager.
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/Disabled/Veterans. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, protected veteran status, union membership or genetics information. Ericsson complies with applicable country, state and all local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location across the world in which the company has facilities. In addition, Ericsson supports the UN Guiding Principles for Business and Human Rights and the United Nations Global Compact.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and development.
Ericsson expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, protected veteran status, union membership or genetic information.
Ericsson will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by Ericsson or (c) consistent with Ericsson’s legal duty to furnish information.
Employee Polygraph Protection Act Notice - Employers are generally prohibited from requiring or requesting any employee or job applicant to take a lie detector test, and from discharging, disciplining, or discriminating against an employee or prospective employee for refusing to take a test or for exercising other rights under the Act. For more information, visit https://www.dol.gov/whd/regs/compliance/posters/eppac.pdf.
Ericsson is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing reasonable accommodation for qualified disabled individuals during the application and hiring process. Ericsson will make modifications or adjustments to the job application or interview process that will enable a qualified applicant to be considered for a position. If you require an accommodation due to a disability, please contact Ericsson at firstname.lastname@example.org or (866) 374-2272 (US) or (877) 338-9966 (Canada) for further assistance.
Primary country and city: United States (US) || || Santa Clara || SalesStratMkt&ComMgt