Business Model and Monetization Strategy Manager
IoT Studio is a new organization within Ericsson designed to bring a co-creation and rapid innovation approach to develop minimum viable IoT products with industrial IoT players, web-scale players, and/or carriers. The Studio will drive adoption of exciting new opportunities like IoT driven Smart Manufacturing, Connected Cars & Infrastructure, Connected Healthcare, Smart Agriculture, Smart Cities, AR/VR, Network Virtualization, and more.
As the Business Model and Monetization Strategy Manager at the IoT Studio, your primary goal will be to help the Studio achieve its revenue objectives by identifying opportunities with significant commercial potential, developing business models based on in-depth market research, and guiding the overall monetization strategy, including pricing and packaging, for newly developed solutions. Reporting to the Head of Business Development for IoT Studio, you will also partner cross-functionally with the Emerging Business Global Customer Unit and MANA Customer Units (sales), product management, operations, finance, marketing, and commercial management teams across North America and Sweden to conduct rigorous, data-driven revenue model, go/no-go, and build vs. buy vs. enhance analyses to execute on growth opportunities.
- Apply data-driven analytical approach to support Go/No-go decisions, including opportunity sizing, pricing sensitivity analysis, customer behavior analysis and economics (e.g. CAC, LTV), ROI of marketing efforts, and market benchmarking
- Enhance the go-to-market roadmap for IoT solution through customer-facing research to determine which differentiated features and value proposition messages are likely to drive increased product adoption
- Analyze effects of price, segmentation, and channels on customer conversion and retention, and provide guidance on optimal go-to-market business model for various classes of customers (e.g. enterprise vs. small-business, industrial vs. utilities)
- Develop innovative business models to unlock market expansion opportunities (e.g. using new routes-to-market and tiered pricing model to target customers with varying levels of willingness-to-pay)
- Recommend actions to improve market penetration by uncovering cross-sell/up-sell opportunities and by better segmentation of Ericsson offering lineup to match varying needs of industrial, web-scale, and carrier customers
- Employ rigorous financial modeling and “what if” scenario planning around potential M&A vs. internal platform updates with Cost/Benefit analysis and recommend suitable actions to fully-realize growth and expansion opportunities
- Interface with customers, partners, and SMEs to conduct deep-dive analysis into market trends, industry practices, competitive offerings, and evolving use-cases, and inform product development and go-to-market roadmaps
- Analyze and report on impact of investments, develop monthly budget and forecast reports for solutions developed or under development at the Studio, and deliver presentations to product teams, Studio leadership, and Ericsson executive teams
- Develop and maintain knowledge repository of frameworks and re-usable IP, including business cases, financial models, investment budgets, and market / competitive benchmarks
- 10+ years of overall industry experience, with 3+ years across disciplines such as strategy, business operations, analytics, product management, and planning
- Bachelors-degree in engineering, business, marketing or other related discipline from a top-tier institution. MBA a plus.
- Demonstrated ability to structure and solve large and complex initiatives from framing the problem, conducting research / analysis to building the business plans through to driving execution to success
- Strong analytical and modeling skills to work on complex business cases, including expert knowledge of Excel and PowerPoint
- Prior experience with developing go-to-market plans and revenue forecasts in centers of excellence, startups, incubators, and/or technology accelerators
- Strong leadership and communication skills – written and verbal – to work with senior executives; at ease with both business and technical discussions
- Ability to build cross-functional relationships, gain inputs, and drive consensus with key cross-functional, cross-geographic stakeholder teams
- Superior program and project management skills, ability to work cross-functionally with internal and external stakeholders
- Experience with conducting primary and secondary research, and synthesizing quantitative and qualitative insights for C-level audiences
DISCLAIMER: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of employees assigned to this position. Therefore employees assigned may be required to perform additional job tasks required by the manager.
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/Disabled/Veterans. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, protected veteran status, union membership or genetics information.
Ericsson complies with applicable country, state and all local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location across the world in which the company has facilities. In addition, Ericsson supports the UN Guiding Principles for Business and Human Rights and the United Nations Global Compact.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and development.
Ericsson expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, protected veteran status, union membership or genetic information.
Ericsson will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by Ericsson or (c) consistent with Ericsson’s legal duty to furnish information.
Employee Polygraph Protection Act Notice - Employers are generally prohibited from requiring or requesting any employee or job applicant to take a lie detector test, and from discharging, disciplining, or discriminating against an employee or prospective employee for refusing to take a test or for exercising other rights under the Act. For more information, visit https://www.dol.gov/whd/regs/compliance/posters/eppac.pdf.
Ericsson is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing reasonable accommodation for qualified disabled individuals during the application and hiring process. Ericsson will make modifications or adjustments to the job application or interview process that will enable a qualified applicant to be considered for a position. If you require an accommodation due to a disability, please contact Ericsson at email@example.com or (866) 374-2272 (US) or (877) 338-9966 (Canada) for further assistance.
Primary country and city: United States (US) || || Santa Clara || ProdMgt
Req ID: 274160