Senior Researcher in the area of Artificial Intelligence
Artifical Intelligence is a research area at Ericsson Research. Our mission is to drive artifical intelligence thought leadership to automate and transform Ericsson offerings and operations and to enable emerging business. This includes development of models, frameworks and infrastructure where we in our advancements push the technology frontiers. We engage in both academic and industry collaborations and drive the digitalization of Ericsson and the Industry by developing state of the art solutions that simplify and automate processes in our products and services and create new value through data insights.
The Cognitive Automation Lab group at Ericsson Research in Stockholm is a research group within the Artifical Intelligence research area working on all aspects of artificial intelligence, such as knowledge representation, deduction, reasoning and problem solving, perception, natural language processing, automated planning, image processing, and cutting edge machine learning algorithms.
- You will be a member of a research team where you will be able to, together with the team, contribute to and create a compelling research agenda. Your contribution will include, but not be limited to, the following areas: formal modeling and analysis of systems of systems, knowledge representation, deduction, reasoning and problem solving, simulation, synthesis of optimal system parameters, optimization algorithms for state space exploration, automated planning, analysis and synthesis of real-time cyber-physical systems, combing machine learning and machine reasoning, and natural language processing.
We are looking for a candidate with a PhD degree in computer science. Industrial experience of implementation of commercial systems is a merit.
Here’s what we are looking for in a successful candidate:
- You have solid programming skills and a track record of software-intensive systems that you have been part of implementing
- You have a DevOps mindset, and are able to discover, learn and experiment with new tools and technologies
- You have a track record of working on EU funded research projects
- You have experience in collaborating with academia, and a track record of conference and journal papers
- You are a fast learner, able to quickly adapt to a dynamic and demanding work environment.
- You are a self-starter who can take initiatives and be a team player at the same time.
- You like to work in an environment where you cooperate closely with your team colleagues, together striving to fulfil common targets.
- You like to communicate with people and find it easy to explain your findings and knowledge to others.
- You have strong analytical skills and are eager to find innovative solutions to problems
- You have understanding and experience in one or more of the following areas:
- Knowledge representation and logical reasoning
- Logic Programming, Language, methods and tools for intent specification, human-machine interaction
- Modeling and analysis of system behavior
- Formal verification and simulation
- Natural Language Processing
- Explainable artificial intelligence
- Engineering aspects of cyber-physical systems
- Optimization techniques
- AI planning
- Configuration management
- Working knowledge of Linux systems and various virtualization environments
- Skills in supervising master thesis students and other researchers
- Ability to create Ericsson Internal and external contact network
- Knowledge of application areas such as 5G, Cloud, IoT, Computer Vision, Speech Processing is a strong plus
Last date for application : 31st March 2019
For queries related to the position please reach out to the Senior Recruiter - Valentyna Ivanova at firstname.lastname@example.org