What does your future look like?
We are on the brink of the Networked Society - a technology revolution that will change the world for good through instant global connections and expanded freedom and opportunity.
Ericsson is a world leader in the rapidly changing environment of communications technology – providing equipment, software and services to enable transformation through mobility. Headquartered in Stockholm – Sweden, Ericsson is a publicly listed company with more than 94,000 employees globally.
More than 180 countries use Ericsson equipment and more than 40 percent of the world's mobile traffic passes through Ericsson networks. Technology is at the heart of our business. Ericsson engineers, researchers and scientists around the world are working on what’s next in information, communications and telecommunications (ICT).
A connected world is just the beginning. Your passion determines what comes next! Apply your ideas and insights to empowering people, business and society.
Come and discover what makes YOU + ERICSSON a powerful combination
We welcome the opportunity to meet you!
We are looking for an Industry expert to join our Contract Management team and work alongside a range of internal and external stakeholders, supporting a multi-year project on an initial 6-month Fixed-Term contract.
Ideally you will have a good combination of Contract Management experience (both commercial and legal) and telecommunications industry experience. To be successful in this role, you will also need a strong drive to close out negotiations and liaise with a range of stakeholders from engineers to Project Managers. Additionally, you will be able to demonstrate the ability to write a business case and understand costs, margins, cash, working capital and up-sell).
Responsibilities & Tasks
· Assist the project to establish engagement with our clients to manage contract obligations.
· Work closely with engineering, project managers and our client, asses the viability of technical scopes of work.
· Understand both strategic and operational goals and translate them into effective contracting practices.
· Provide proactive assessment of critical contract obligations and contract provisions, gaps and risk areas
· Negotiate/resolve contract issues/disputes, as appropriate; providing recommendations and solutions for resolution
· Work with our legal team and the client’s commercial team regarding agreements and contracts
· Monitor and enforce compliance with contractual obligations
· Provide guidance to diverse teams of skilled professionals in understanding and interpreting contracts, business requirements and formulation of contractual solutions
As our ideal candidate, you will have:
· Experience in the telecommunication industry
· Strong experience in a contract manager role
· Technical understanding of networks / systems / general telecom systems
· A highly-developed understanding of negotiation and contracting issues, and preferably relevant industry standards and regulation
· Exceptional business acumen (including ability to write a business case and understand costs, margins, cash, working capital and up-sell)
· Legal experience from a contract perspective would be a bonus
**We will not be providing a work permit/visa for this position, therefore candidates must have valid Australian Work Rights**
Ericsson offers a truly global company, with a diverse, performance-driven culture, an innovative and engaging environment and opportunities to work across borders. Our employees live our vision, core values and guiding principles – sharing a passion to win and a high responsiveness to customer needs that in turn makes us a desirable partner to our clients.
In Australia, we are known for delivering “World-1st” projects for Australia's largest and most renowned telecommunications carriers. This is a chance to play a critical role in the success of the Ericsson organisation in Australia, whilst providing you with a fantastic career development opportunity and the chance to work alongside the brightest minds in our industry.
We invite you to join our team as we work together to solve the world’s biggest challenges.
Follow us social media –
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetics.
Ericsson complies with applicable country, state and all local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location across the world in which the company has facilities. In addition, Ericsson supports the UN Guiding Principles for Business and Human Rights and the United Nations Global Compact.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and development.
Ericsson expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetic information.
Primary country and city: Australia (AU) || || Sydney || SharedServ
Job details: Contract Manager Job Stage 07