Student Helper or Internship in 4G/5G Development
Ericsson is a world-leading provider of telecommunications equipment & services to mobile & fixed network operators. Over 1,000 networks in more than 180 countries use Ericsson equipment, & more than 40 percent of the world's mobile traffic passes through Ericsson networks. Using innovation to empower people, business & society, we are working towards the Networked Society, in which everything that can benefit from a connection will have one. At Ericsson, we apply our innovation to market-based solutions that empower people & society to help shape a more sustainable world.
STUDENT HELPER OR INTERNSHIP IN 4G/5G DEVELOPMENT (f/m/d)
Req. ID 273790
Location: Herzogenrath (Aachen)
Our development department is regularly offering interesting student helper and internship positions. Together with our experienced staff, you will have the opportunity to work on the exciting future of mobile applications and communications technologies. The development department is part of a major Ericsson R&D center, located in close vicinity of the historic city of Aachen, Germany, in the heart of Europe.
During your time at Ericsson, you will be assigned to a development team, aligned with your individual interests, background, and skills. Student helper assignments are usually for six month with the option to prolong. For internships, shorter assignments are possible. You will work together with experienced developers and other students in a truly international team.
RESPONSIBILITIES & TASKS
- As member of our development team you will work according to Lean and Agile principles and deliver/finalize User Stories (tasks) within 3 weeks Sprints.
- The User Stories are prioritized by our Product Owners and need to fulfil our Definitions of Done, e.g. Code Quality and Style principles followed, Unit Tests for GUI, Documentation updated, Continues Integration (CI) suites updated.
- Enrolled as Bachelor or Master student in Computer Science, Mathematics, Physics or a related field with an above average record of accomplishment
- Strong interest in mobile communications
- Eager to learn, self-driven and open-minded as well as very good team working skills
- Very good computer and programming skills, C++, Java, Python
- Good virtualization competence, Open Stack, Docker, Kubernetes
- Fluency in English, any other language will be an advantage
- Applications should include a short motivation letter, a CV (in English) and a record of transcript. Please mention also the position reference 273790 in your motivation letter.
- The position can only be offered to students currently enrolled in a university program.
At Ericsson, our vision is Networked Society where every person and every industry is empowered to reach their full potential. Please send your English CV via the Ericsson Jobsite at www.ericsson.com/careers or to Sandra (email@example.com). We look forward to meeting you!
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetics.
Ericsson complies with applicable country, state and all local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location across the world in which the company has facilities. In addition, Ericsson supports the UN Guiding Principles for Business and Human Rights and the United Nations Global Compact.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and development.
Ericsson expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetic information.
Primary country and city: Germany (DE) || || Herzogenrath || ProdMgt
Req ID: 273790