Data Engineer - Developer
Ericsson is embarking on an exciting phase in the development of the organization, so it is a genuinely interesting time to join us. Whatever you want to achieve, we have a culture that respects and supports your ambitions at Ericsson. Our differences make us exceptional. Here, you’ll find that people think big!
We are now starting to see commercial 5G networks going live, IoT is here and there has never been a better time for you to make your mark. Would you like to join our quest for easy in a world that is increasing in complexity?
Do you have a sincere interest in the Big Data domain?
We believe that availability of data and data analysis will make a huge difference for Ericsson's future.
Do you agree? Then why don't join us in engineering the Ericsson RDI (Radio Data Insights) Big Data solution?!
The organization you will become part of:
We collect, ingest, and archive vast amounts of data from Ericsson's customers all over the world.
Our vision is to provide data and insights to the whole company in order drive quality in our releases, to provide our market units with intelligence for up-sell opportunities, and to optimize customer’s networks to deliver the best performance.
The challenges are numerous. We must ensure that high quality data is readily available for our users. We must, based on collected data, deliver quick and precise insights to FOA (First Office Application) and CD (Continuous Deployment) projects. We must ensure that the data is protected for integrity and authority. We must ensure a delightful and reliable user experience.
What you will do within the organization:
We are looking for an experienced Data Engineer and Software Developer who is interested in systemizing and developing solutions around state-of-the-art open source and commercial big data components such as Apache Spark, Apache Flink, Apache Kafka, Apache Hadoop, MapR Converged Data Platform and more. You will be working closely with operations personnel as well as Data Engineers and Data Scientists using Machine Intelligence to deliver insights to our users.
Do you think you can help us out in engineering the RDI solution in the aspect of:
- Data Quality
- Cloud Execution
...or are you simply a true Software Developer that will astonish us?
Responsibilities & Tasks:
- Contribute to strategic technical leadership
- Perform continuous analysis and requirement handling
- Develop and test high quality products and services
- Perform trouble shooting and customer support
- Drive continuous improvements of products and processes
- Further develop competence in the Big Data domain
- Drive Continuous Improvements of Products and our Agile WoW
General requirements for all profiles:
- A successful candidate is self-motivated, with the drive to solve problems and expand our knowledge
- Very good communicational skills
- Team player whom positively contributes to our team spirit
- Fluent in English, oral and written
- Experience from working in all phases of feature development, from gathering requirements, through systemization, development, quality assurance, release & delivery, and operations & maintenance
- Experience from system management role
- Experience from message bus technologies (e.g. Apache Kafka)
- Experience in Java, R, Scala or Python programming and willingness to learn new technologies is necessary
- Lean & Agile Knowledge and Skills
Additional knowledge appreciated but not required:
- Experience from large-scale data processing (e.g. Apache Spark)
- Experience from message bus technologies (NATS Streaming)
- Experience from Docker and Kubernetes
- Experience from one or more of the areas Security, Data Quality, Cloud Execution & Microservices
How to apply?
Interested in joining #TeamEricsson and/or do you want to know more about this career opportunity? Feel free to send your resume and cover letter in English outlining how you meet the specific requirements of the position and visit www.ericsson.com to learn more about our Quest for Easy. If you have any questions, you are more than welcome to contact Annahita Amini, Primary Recruiter via LinkedIn.
The selection and interview process is ongoing. Therefore, send in your application in English as soon as possible. We welcome the opportunity to meet you!
Location: Kista, Stockholm, Sweden.
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetics.
Ericsson complies with applicable country, state and all local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location across the world in which the company has facilities. In addition, Ericsson supports the UN Guiding Principles for Business and Human Rights and the United Nations Global Compact.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and development.
Ericsson expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetic information.
Primary country and city: Sweden (SE) || || Stockholm || IT
Req ID: 273588