Data Analyst – Job Description
OBJECTIVE OF THE JOB
- Responsible for a variety of reporting and analysis tasks. Extracts, compiles and interprets key operational and statistical data. Will be responsible for the overall approach to reporting and analysis within the SDU.
- Develop new processes to increase the effectiveness of reporting and consolidate & maintain departmental reports used internally and externally by parties such as to other departments, senior management, etc.
- Develop and maintain new standardized reporting on a routine basis, i.e., define, create, automate, and maintain operational recurring reports.
- Maintain a reporting schedule and documentation of reporting procedures. Generate and maintain control documentation of reporting procedures to comply with governance audits and regulatory requirements. Will also build audit process to ensure data integrity and efficiency.
- Perform ad hoc duties in accordance to business needs
- Build / design new reports based on requests
- Create documentation of the new reports and modify it or maintain it for existing ones
- Evaluate the effort needed for building specific reports
- Maintenance of existing reports
- Maintenance of reporting portal
- Maintenance of the reporting environment
The position will consist of three main service areas:
- Automating procedures for data extraction from the GUI of various tools published on several Citrix forms
- Developing, maintaining, and modifying the BI platform used for reporting for the NOC
- Porting of reports from the old reporting system to the new BI platform
- Previous experience on a similar Reporting and Analysis job;
- University graduate (Computer Science, Cybernetics or similar)
- Strong knowledge of Excel/Access, including VBA programming (to manage / develop custom reports)
- Strong knowledge of any popular programming languages (e.g. C#, .NET, Java etc.) would be a plus
- Strong knowledge of SQL, PL/SQL, SQL Server, SSIS
- Ability to work with strict delivery deadlines and under pressure
(Optional) technical skills:
- Knowledge of PHP would be an advantage (to manage / develop the Reporting Portal)
- Knowledge of new wave programming for machine learning - like Python would be considered a plus
- Knowledge of Business Objects (to manage / develop reports in BO)
- Knowledge of Tableau, Power-BI or any other reporting visualization applications
- Creating & innovating
- Learning and Researching
- Applying expertise and technology
- Presenting & communicating information
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetics.
Ericsson complies with applicable country, state and all local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location across the world in which the company has facilities. In addition, Ericsson supports the UN Guiding Principles for Business and Human Rights and the United Nations Global Compact.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and development.
Ericsson expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetic information.
Primary country and city: India (IN) || || Noida || Consulting&SysInt; IT; ProdMgt; R&D; SalesStratMkt&ComMgt; ServEng; SharedServ; Stud&YP; Supply&Log
Req ID: 273363