Integration Engineer Internship (12 months)
Ericsson - Integration Engineer 12 month Internship (Dublin)
At Ericsson, we develop wireless network technology that enables the next generation of smart devices and the Internet of Things. The advent of 5G and IoT and real-time connectivity – from connected cars to personal wearables to smart grid technology – will again fundamentally change our world. It will pull us into an age of advanced machine intelligence, blended virtual and physical realities, and complete network connectivity. We are at the forefront of this change, helping service providers meet expectations today and in the future by focusing on network quality and an evolution path to 5G. We are setting both 4G and 5G speed records, leading in network slicing and distributed cloud and reducing complexity with innovative Artificial Intelligence and machine learning solutions. Our commitment to developing leading technology is underlined by the more than 42,000 patents we have worldwide, including our landmark 5G patent application that was the largest ever in our industry in terms of inventors.
Based on the Ericsson Services Campus Clonskeagh, Dublin, the Ericsson global expert unit provides professional services coverage globally for the introduction of new technology solutions for Ericsson customers. The team is extremely focused on innovation and continuous learning. It works on global customer engagements and service delivery in areas including Cloud, VNF, OpenStack, VMware, Software Defined Networking (SDN), VoLTE, IP Networking, Revenue Management, TV solutions, Cybersecurity and Network Optimisation. It is a diverse team comprising of highly competent Integration Engineers, Solution Architects and Technical Consultants.
To facilitate the growth and infuse expertise, Ericsson is looking to identify and hire several highly motivated students who will be assigned important roles within key projects or given standalone assignments entailing a high level of interaction with customers as well as internal teams. Mentors will be assigned to ensure they have the maximum opportunity to contribute to the product and develop their own skills. You’ll partner with and support the Integration Engineers, Solution Architects and Technical Consultants, such as documenting service delivery processes, trouble shooting, validating tools and auditing. Opportunities are available within Cloud & IP or Security:
Cloud & IP
- IP Network
- IP Audit and optimisation
- Cloud Infrastructure and Virtualisation
- Virtual Network Functions (VNF)
- Digital Transformation
- Cloud management
- Security Audit
- Security test
- Security hardening
- Service Development
What do you need to be successful for these roles?
- Graduating in 2019 from a Hons Bachelor degree or higher qualification in Computer Science or related field; expected 1.1 or 2.1 result on graduation
- Knowledge of Networking and/or Communications protocols (IP, HTTP, SIP)
- Very good knowledge of UNIX/LINUX O/S
- Good knowledge of IP MPLS, VPN, convergent and multi-service network, clock synchronization, routing and switching
- Knowledge of IP Security, Cloud Security, SDN Security, Regulatory solutions
- Knowledge of Telecommunication networks, data communications, IP networking and Internet
- Demonstrate competence in working independently as well as part of a team
- Fluent in English, both written and verbal
- Experience with next generation Authentication Protocols and call flows
Nice to have
- Knowledge virtualisation, cloud technologies, VmWARE, KVM, Openstack and Openflow
- Cisco and/or Juniper knowledge
- Working knowledge of Databases such as MySQL and Oracle
Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Troubleshooting and resolving problems
- Manage complex projects deliverables and develop recommendations on solution evolution
- Pro-actively engage in key Ericsson deliveries
- Integration, verification and acceptance of solution with customer
- Share and transfer knowledge
- Installation of Unix & Linux Servers
- Implementation of solution upgrades including data migration and system expansion
- Documentation of test specification and test reporting
What do we offer you?
An opportunity to work for the global leader in telecoms networks using the most up to date and cutting edge technologies as well as continuous training and development through all stages of your career. This is a chance to build a career in a challenging yet supportive environment which fosters initiative and personal growth.
When you’re not hard at work, you can grab a coffee and chill out in the games room! You can also join our Sports and Social club getting involved in lots of fun activities as well as our Diversity & Inclusion initiatives such as Ericsson GLOBE (our LGBTQ Network) and the Ericsson Women’s Network.
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetics.
Ericsson complies with applicable country, state and all local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location across the world in which the company has facilities. In addition, Ericsson supports the UN Guiding Principles for Business and Human Rights and the United Nations Global Compact.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and development.
Ericsson expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetic information.
Primary country and city: Ireland (IE) || || Dublin || IT
Job details: 1st Level Operations