Senior Researcher - ML and AI
Ericsson Research is looking for highly motivated and talented ML/AI Researchers to be part of our AI Research team in Chennai, bringing Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning to telecom networks. We are pushing the technology frontiers in AI, combining machine learning and reasoning methods, tools, and techniques to drive intelligent autonomous operations in large complex telecom systems.
Are you well acquainted with the scientific method, and publish your results in scientific conferences or journals?
Do you want to apply those skills to solve real and complex problems with high societal impact?
Do you want to inspire and lead AI research for the future 5G, Cloud and IoT systems?
Then come talk to us!
We are looking for talented researchers to be part of this exciting journey! We are working on a global scale to recruit the best talent and work with the leading universities and customers.
We pride ourselves in providing a supportive team environment where individual contributors are given the maximal opportunity to excel and develop their technical skills. As a researcher in the AI Research team, you will have the freedom to think big and the support to turn ideas into achievements. You will become a member of a successful global research team as a technical leader, and work as part of this team to create a compelling research agenda and carry it out. Your contributions will include developing innovative AI algorithms/solutions and systems to address research challenges in realizing our Zero-Touch Network and Service Management Vision with applications in 5G, Cloud and IoT; prototyping and communicating your work to the Ericsson business units, global customers, standardization groups, and at technical conferences.
We are now looking for a Researcher to build and transfer technology competence to ensure technology leadership and profitable business for Ericsson by:
- Contributing to Ericsson technology strategy
- Developing novel concepts, solutions and algorithms
- Driving standardization
- Introducing the solutions into product development
- Presenting prototypes, concept demonstrations and publications.
- Perform, document and communicate research studies, measurements or computer simulations.
- Create new technical solutions and protect them with Intellectual Property Rights (IPR)
- Represent Ericsson in external fora such as standardization, university collaborations, and customer meetings
- Supervise and coach other researchers
- Develop Research strategies
- Develop evaluation tools, demonstrators or test beds
- Strong background in one or more of the following areas:
- Understanding of symbolic artificial intelligence, logical reasoning
- Knowledge graphs, knowledge representation
- AI planning, Multi-objective Optimization
- Explainable artificial intelligence
- Model-based AI systems, Modeling and analysis of system behavior
- Logic Programming, Language, methods and tools for intent specification, human-machine interaction
- Formal verification and simulation
- Time series analysis
- Deep Neural Networks
- Transfer and federated learning
- Reinforcement Learning
- Bayesian networks
- PhD or MSc degree with thesis in one of the areas above
- 5+ years of relevant experience in research organizations/academia
- Demonstrated ability to develop novel and innovative ideas, generate patents
- Strong analytical skills and ability to acquire new knowledge and apply it in the job
- Ability to formulate problems and solve them independently
- Creativity and ability to work independently
- Ability to develop and drive new ways of working, to produce research results in a more efficient way
- Excellent track record of publishing results at conferences and in journals
- Demonstrated implementation/programming skills and experience with opensource software stacks
- Knowledge of application areas such as 5G, Cloud, IoT, Computer Vision, Speech Processing is a strong plus
- Open and quick to learn new technologies and open to work in adjacent areas
- Excellent communication skills
- Deciding & Initiating Action
- Working with People
- Presenting & Communicating
- Applying Expertise & Technology
- Skills in supervising master thesis students and Researchers, not a mandatory
- Ability to create Ericsson Internal and external contact network
Ericsson Research is the central research organization within Ericsson. Our mission is to provide Ericsson with advanced system concepts, technology and methodology and to secure long term competitive product positioning. World-class research and innovation is achieved through cooperation within Ericsson and with partners, customers, universities and research institutes. We are a truly global organization, offering a diverse, performance-driven culture and an innovative and engaging environment.
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetics. Ericsson complies with applicable country, state and all local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location across the world in which the company has facilities. In addition, Ericsson supports the UN Guiding Principles for Business and Human Rights and the United Nations Global Compact. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and development. Ericsson expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetic information.