Sr RF Engineer
We are now looking for a Network Engineer that will be responsible for performing design optimization and audit of a network to meet customer requirements. The position is applicable for design & optimization of RAN. You will be engaged in the whole process from pre-sales of services and networks to service delivery and acceptance.
The role focuses on executing design, audit and optimization of services, where you will be accountable for part of the solution and of the service process. Hereby, you should be able to keep time, performance and quality according to Ericsson requirements and customer contracts.
- Leads large engineering teams addressing multiple markets performing analytical, investigative, and/or design activities related to wireless communication systems including but not limited to GSM, CDMA, UMTS, and LTE.
- Defines direction and provides specific instruction for engineering projects/programs leveraging personal knowledge and organizational skills to increase team efficiency, facilitate personal development and mentor colleagues.
- Develops system level ideas and concepts using engineering knowledge, analytical skills, and/or programming capabilities and coaches a team of engineers to develop the associated details and define plans for execution. Establishes comprehensive review processes for subordinates and adheres to regular reporting routines for management. Actively seeks peer review and advice.
- Leads others in creating and developing innovations in product portfolio and/or execution methods. Uses knowledge and understanding of the Ericsson organization, Ericsson product portfolio, customer operations, and service business principles to identify and pursue new business opportunities. Expands product knowledge at a system level reaching beyond Ericsson products to other infrastructure and third party products.
- Leads development of complex documents, proposals, and presentations defining structure and content. Makes appropriate assignments to team based upon individual ability and knowledge. Deliver’s proposals and presentations to high level executives.
- Identifies opportunities for and participates in developing functional details of new services and products, process and methodology changes, analytical tools and techniques. Develops scope of work and bid rationale for new opportunities and provides feature/benefit descriptions for business development.
- Consistently shares ideas and understanding with colleagues via written documents and oral presentations.
- Ability to travel extensively as project assignments demand. Travel requirement may be as high as 80%.
- Minimum Bachelors level and 10 years of RF working experience.
- Deep knowledge and understanding of radio network optimization for LTE/VoLTE networks toward Ericsson, multi-vendor knowledge is a plus.
- Extensive post-launch optimization and troubleshooting competence. Deep knowledge about radio network parameter optimization.
- Proficient computer user including Microsoft Office and experience in computer applications for process and efficiency improvements.
- Excellent organizational, inter-personal, consulting, influencing and communication skills
DISCLAIMER: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of employees assigned to this position. Therefore employees assigned may be required to perform additional job tasks required by the manager.
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/Disabled/Veterans. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, protected veteran status, union membership or genetics information. Ericsson complies with applicable country, state and all local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location across the world in which the company has facilities. In addition, Ericsson supports the UN Guiding Principles for Business and Human Rights and the United Nations Global Compact.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and development.
Ericsson expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, protected veteran status, union membership or genetic information.
Ericsson will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by Ericsson or (c) consistent with Ericsson’s legal duty to furnish information.
Employee Polygraph Protection Act Notice - Employers are generally prohibited from requiring or requesting any employee or job applicant to take a lie detector test, and from discharging, disciplining, or discriminating against an employee or prospective employee for refusing to take a test or for exercising other rights under the Act. For more information, visit https://www.dol.gov/whd/regs/compliance/posters/eppac.pdf.
Ericsson is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing reasonable accommodation for qualified disabled individuals during the application and hiring process. Ericsson will make modifications or adjustments to the job application or interview process that will enable a qualified applicant to be considered for a position. If you require an accommodation due to a disability, please contact Ericsson at email@example.com or (866) 374-2272 (US) or (877) 338-9966 (Canada) for further assistance.
Primary country and city: United States (US) || || Plano || Consulting&SysInt