System Integration and Validation Engineer
The successful candidate will work as a full-time member of the Release team responsible for test of the performance, deployment, roll-out and maintenance of OSS solutions. This includes deployment, installation, upgrade, backup and restore, recovery, availability and application performance, stability and robustness. The role will also include use of, and development of, automated tests using Python and/or Java to verify deployments in a quick and repeatable manner and always ensuring robust delivery.
The candidate will ideally have previous and proven experience of integration, roll-out and testing of Ericsson domain and network management solutions. The candidate should have a broad technology understanding covering server hardware, storage, operating systems and IP networks. Experience with Python and knowledge of JBOSS and JEE Application Servers will be an advantage. The candidate will need to engage with many different layers in the business including systems architects, development engineers, scrum masters and customer facing management to ensure that the right solution is always being verified and deployed with the right level of quality.
Validation of Key Performance Indicators under load conditions to identify degrade in performance from previous releases and to verify the applications’ stability under load.
- Integration of platform components and applications.
- Test of OSS application functionality, deployment, availability, migration procedures etc.
- Validation of procedures in a customer like network, install, upgrade, backup and restore.
- Troubleshooting of issues and taking corrective actions.
- Use of Python based tools for validation of the system.
- Report on activities to Release/Maintenance management.
- Use of python and java based test cases, utilities and helper libraries to aid automated verification of deployments.
Successful candidates will have:
- Knowledge of Redhat Enterprise Linux administration and troubleshooting.
- Hardware (HP blade), storage and networking expertise.
- Knowledge of cloud (Openstack), containerization and virtualization technologies.
- Telecom Domain knowledge a necessity.
- Previous roles in OSS system roll-out, integration and test an advantage.
- Experience of backup and restore and availability solutions.
- Strong troubleshooting skills.
- Knowledge of Python is a distinct advantage.
- Knowledge of Java, JEE and JBOSS also an advantage.
- Experience working in an Agile development environment.
- Understanding of SCRUM, Continuous Integration and Test Driven Development.
- Knowledge of tools such as Jenkins, JIRA and JMeter.
- Strong analytical and design skills, excellent planning and problem-solving skills.
- Customer knowledge and on-site experience.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills.
- Ability to work as part of a team.
BSc degree or comparable experience.
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetics.
Ericsson complies with applicable country, state and all local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location across the world in which the company has facilities. In addition, Ericsson supports the UN Guiding Principles for Business and Human Rights and the United Nations Global Compact.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and development.
Ericsson expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetic information.
Primary country and city: Ireland (IE) || || Athlone || R&D
Job details: Developer Job Stage 06