Experienced Linux Admin
Does the remote Operation & Maintenance of Linux/Windows servers and also administration of the applications and databases already installed. (New deployments are not in scope). Assures the correct functionality by following the routine and fault prevention guidelines (check and act upon alarms, logs, system monitor indicators). Dispatches findings to data center intervention engineers if the on-site intervention is needed.
Creates new scripts and configures tools (sometimes even from scratch) to improve the monitoring, functionality and to prevent faults.
Performs both proactive and reactive activities in a scheduled manner or on demand; Takes action before problems become critical: system/hardware failures, hanged processes, scripts not having desired output, application errors, data flows etc
Understanding the customer’s network and systems architecture, liaise with applications experts, operations staff and users to determine requirements and provide quick resolution for technical issues.
You will help with Assurance support activities
- Incident management
- You will assist with Problem management
- System administration
- And you will work with Billing operations
- 3 years or more of exposure to IT systems at administration level (storages, backup solutions, monitoring systems (Nagios, Centreon, Veritas Backup, Power Vault represents an advantage)
- Linux (example: CentOS) administrator experience
- Has used POSIX (mainly Bash scripting) to automatize different system tasks
- Networking and basic routing (CISCO courses represent an advantage)
- Database administration basic knowledge (Oracle or Postgres is preferred)
- Technical support environment exposure, working with tickets, priorities, Service Level Agreements, on-call duty one week per month.
- Experience with Performance Management Systems (data processing, parsing, database loading and export / visualization of data loaded, troubleshooting etc)
- Education: University degree (Polytechnics represents an advantage)
- Others: Fluent English (spoken and written)
- Very good communication skills, both written and verbal
- Availability for traveling abroad on rare occasions
- Ability to work within a global, remote workforce
- Ability to work both independently and in a team environment
- Ability to work under pressure
- Available for on-call duty
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetics.
Ericsson complies with applicable country, state and all local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location across the world in which the company has facilities. In addition, Ericsson supports the UN Guiding Principles for Business and Human Rights and the United Nations Global Compact.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and development.
Ericsson expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetic information.
Primary country and city: Romania (RO) || || Bucharest || IT; ServEng
Job details: 2nd Level Operations Job Stage 05