2nd Level Operations - RAN Engineer
We are one of the leading providers of Information and Communication Technology (ICT) to service providers, with about 40% of the world’s mobile traffic carried through our networks. We enable the full value of connectivity by creating game-changing technology and services that are easy to use, adopt and scale, making our customers successful in a fully connected world.
Together, in Romania we create a culture of innovation, constantly transforming to find new ways of working. Opened in 2007, the Global Site in Bucharest is one in only four all over the world, the only one situated in Europe and a vital component in Ericsson’s global services organization. The Romanian site currently counts on a team of 1,900 strong professionals and enthusiastic young specialists and is developing constantly to meet customer needs.
This Job Role is responsible for the coordination, management and execution of proactive and reactive maintenance activities that require a higher level of support that the one offered by the 1st Level Operations. This shall ensure that the services provided to customers are continuously available and performing to Service Level Agreement (SLA) performance levels. Also, this Job Role is responsible for the implementation of work orders from Planning & Design, Optimization, new nodes integration.
Main accountabilities :
- Effectively manage the technical activities for 2nd Level Assurance according to WLA or project specifications, company and industry standards and ways of working, guidelines and specific KPIs;
- Fully understand the 2nd Level Assurance methodology;
- Can deliver on more than one customer;
- Technical overview of all the managed systems and their context;
- Involved in the technical acceptance of project handovers to Operations;
- Very good understanding and usage of all tools involved in the delivery;
- Performs network health checks and back-ups, as agreed with the customer;
- Creates Work Orders for Field Engineers and supports their implementation;
- On requests, performs trend analysis, reports for MSIP, MSDM, supports other teams with input;
- During incidents, connects to technical bridges providing input and feed-back and supporting incident restauration;
- Supports automation teams with ideas, feed-backs, testing;
- Participates in CAB meetings;
- Provides feedback after WO implementation in case of fail or success;
- Triggers PM when an epidemic issue is detected;
- Supports PM investigations;
- On-call support outside business hours;
- Represents his/her Technical coordinator/Team Leader whenever necessary, in internal or customer meetings/visits
Technical Skills :
- Knowledge of: GSM/UMTS/LTE architectures & network topologies & standards;
- Knowledge of access medium technologies: FDMA, TDMA, CDMA, OFDM;
- Experience of multivendor products: Nokia and Alcatel;
- Knowledge of and ability to troubleshoot RAN protocols;
- Knowledge on setting, collecting and interpreting traces;
- Ability to troubleshoot performance degradation issues;
- Scripting skills (Perl, Bash);
- Knowledge of data networking technologies;
- Knowledge of transport architectures & network topologies;
- Knowledge of UNIX or LINUX operating systems;
- Experience in remote or site operations (design, planning, optimization, integration, acceptance, commissioning, testing, support) of related nodes;
What we offer
- We will value your competences
- You will work in a dynamic company along with the smartest people in the industry
- You will benefit from a wide range of learning and transfer knowledge from/to your colleagues
- You will have access to latest technology and support to showcase your bright ideas
- You will enjoy Ericsson’s ways of working that value the importance of work life balance
- Work from home and flexible work schedule
- Benefits package: including premium healthcare & gym subscriptions
- You will be part of an active community via Brand Ambassadors, CSR Activities, Sports Teams etc.
Tag: melahj, hj
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetics.
Ericsson complies with applicable country, state and all local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location across the world in which the company has facilities. In addition, Ericsson supports the UN Guiding Principles for Business and Human Rights and the United Nations Global Compact.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and development.
Ericsson expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetic information.
Primary country and city: Romania (RO) || || Bucharest || IT; ServEng
Req ID: 272864