We welcome the opportunity to meet you!
DU Networks, DNEW, is responsible for the Radio Design that fulfills the assignments received by the PA Networks within the budget frames from Business Control. DU Networks Products shall always leverage leading radio business opportunities and secure technological evolution. BNEW ICT Development Environment, BID, within DNEW has a mission to ensure that DNEW has an Engineering Environment (Design and Test Environment) that is a competitive advantage for present and future needs.
As part of DNEW BID you would be part of the journey of scaling 5G. BID plays a significant role by providing efficient and effective development and test environment (Engineering Environment) to meet the increasing market demand for 5G. Virtualization is more and more impacting our radio product portfolio, and our Engineering Environment.
Tech Management, TMT, within BID has the responsibility to define and drive the Service Strategy, Architecture and System Design for all DNEW common tools and frameworks as well as defining and driving the Test Strategy for BID. Technology management at BID(TMT) is the organization supports our development and testing strategies with technological insights. As part of our organization you will have the opportunity to strengthen your technology leadership.
The Test System section within BID Tech Management is now looking for a System Architect with an interest for the future Engineering Environment, moving towards cloud concepts with test environment orchestration. You will be part of a group which has system responsibility for the Engineering Environment in DNEW. You are expected to actively contribute to the evolution of the Service and System roadmap, which will be input to the overall backlog for the BID organization, by closely and actively cooperate with system level architects across the BID organization as well as PDUs regarding their requirements. Our aim is to have an efficient Engineering Environment (EE) based on modern tools all the way from SW commit to deployment at the customer and you will be part of defining and updating that system.
You are expected to have a continuous dialogue with users as well as developers to understand requirements, and to help the development organization and users to see future needs, services and solutions. You should have a genuine interest in processes that supports and helps the organization improve.
You are curious, wants change and will driver these changes yourself when needed. You can follow the but also question the establish WoW and lift when things do not work, or we do not have a good enough reason for why we chose a specific solution for us to improve. You are expected to find creative solutions when lacking information and act outside your formal area of responsibility when needed.
Responsibility & Tasks:
- Actively contribute to governance of the EE architecture for system level documentation, e.g. overview information, architectural principles and guidelines.
- Review proposed services and solutions against architectural principles and the roadmap. You will be actively involved in architecturally significant changes, e.g. in the introduction of new products and services.
- Participate in related external architecture functions
- Closely and actively cooperate with other architects and system guardians
- Closely and actively cooperate with all other BID sections as well as with all DNEW PDUs
- While doing that follow and strengthen the BID EE Program WoW
- Actively seek understanding of the problems of the users of the system
Qualifications & Education Requirements:
- M.Sc. or relevant education on similar level
- Several years of previous experience of system development.
- Strong knowledge and experience of architecture work
- Experience or knowledge from one or several of the following competence areas would be a benefit:
- SW Design
- Test Tools Design
- CI & Verification techniques
- Cloud technologies
- Deep understanding and experience of software product development cycle, including lean & agile practices
- Business and costumer focused with a high accountability to deliver results a multi stakeholder environment
- Quality mindset, ability for strategic thinking and a drive to always improve
- Large degree of flexibility and willingness to take on different tasks
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills
- Strong leadership skills
Sweden, Kista, Linköping operationally interfacing units in all relevant DNEW sites
Please submit your application before 7th of April 2019.
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetics.
Ericsson complies with applicable country, state and all local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location across the world in which the company has facilities. In addition, Ericsson supports the UN Guiding Principles for Business and Human Rights and the United Nations Global Compact.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and development.
Ericsson expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetic information.
Primary country and city: Sweden (SE) || || Stockholm || R&D
Req ID: 272857