Analytics System Architect
We welcome the opportunity to meet you!
DU Networks, DNEW, is responsible for Radio Design that fulfills the assignments received by PA Networks within the budget frames from Business Control. DU Networks is also responsible for Radio Design, fulfilling Customer Unit sponsored assignments. DU Networks shall always leverage leading radio business opportunities and secure technological evolution.
BNEW ICT Development Environment, BID, within DNEW has a mission to ensure that DNEW has an Engineering Environment, EE, that is a competitive advantage for present and future needs.
As part of DNEW BID you would be part of the journey of scaling 5G. BID plays a significant role by providing efficient and effective development and test environment (Engineering Environment) to meet the increasing market demand for 5G. Virtualization is more and more impacting our radio product portfolio, and our Engineering Environment.
Tech Management, TMT, within BID has the responsibility to define and drive the Architecture and System Design for all DNEW common tools and frameworks as well as driving the Test Strategy for the whole DNEW. Technology management at BID(TMT) is the organization supports our development and testing strategies with technological insights. As part of our organization you will have the opportunity to strengthen your technology leadership.
The Test System section is responsible for defining and evolving the Engineering Environment, enabling an effective and efficient E2E flow for 2G/3G/4G/5G products. It also has the responsibility for Engineering Environment Analytics.
Our aim is to have an efficient Engineering Environment based on modern tools, all the way from SW commit to deployment at the customer. One key way to achieve this is to make good use of the large amount of data generated during product development. It enables us to understand our environment, so the right decisions can be made about its ongoing development and effort can be focused where it will have the most impact. We also must process this data to provide input to automation of ever-increasing scope, so that the Engineering Environment itself makes decisions. We are currently in search of people with in-depth knowledge of data analytics platforms, tools, and techniques to join us in designing the analytics system architectures needed to support this.
The Test System section within BID Tech Management is now looking for a System Architect with a focus on analytics. You will be part of an international team supporting DU Networks. You are expected to actively contribute to Engineering Environment Analytics architectural design, to conceive analytics solutions (including application of data analysis or machine learning algorithms) and to define system architectures to support these solutions.
You are expected to have a continuous dialogue with users and developers to understand requirements, and to help them see future needs and solutions. You must be analytical, structural and result oriented with excellent cooperative skills.
Responsibility & Tasks:
- Actively contribute to the technical definition of the DNEW EE roadmap with a focus on analytics. You will review proposed solutions against architectural principles and the roadmap. You will be actively involved in architecturally significant changes, e.g. in the introduction of new services.
- Closely and actively cooperate with other system architects and system guardians
- Closely and actively cooperate with all other BID sections as well as with all DNEW PDUs
- Drive Continuous Improvements of Products and Processes for analytics
- Design tools/ methods that generate insights by merging many different data types from lab networks for analysis
- Propose machine learning methods to produce insights from network performance and configuration data within the area of analytics for our Engineering Environment at DNEW take a leadership role and review the work of others
Qualifications & Education Requirements:
- Strong knowledge of data analysis platforms such as Hadoop, Spark, Kafka
- Knowledge of cloud platforms (e.g. MS Azure, AWS etc.)
- Knowledge of storage solutions such as MapR, Cloudera, CEPH
- Competence in mathematics and statistics
- Competence in machine learning techniques and algorithms
- Competence in R, Python, Matlab, Java or Scala
- Knowledge of industry trends in the area
- Proven ability to negotiate and collaborate to reach solutions in a multi stakeholder environment
- Quality mindset, ability for strategic thinking and a drive to always improve
- Large degree of flexibility and willingness to take on different tasks
- Excellent collaborative ability
Sweden, Kista, Linköping operationally interfacing units in all relevant DNEW sites.
Please submit your application before 7th of April 2019.
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetics.
Ericsson complies with applicable country, state and all local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location across the world in which the company has facilities. In addition, Ericsson supports the UN Guiding Principles for Business and Human Rights and the United Nations Global Compact.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and development.
Ericsson expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetic information.
Primary country and city: Sweden (SE) || || Stockholm || R&D
Req ID: 272855