Technical Specialist, Device Technology, IPR & Licensing, Lund, Sweden
Technical Specialist, Device Technology, IPR & Licensing
Background Highlights & Position Summary
Ericsson is the largest creator and contributor of cellular standardized technology and consequently owns the industry’s strongest portfolio of patents essential to the 3GPP standards. Being a leader in radio infrastructure together with our history from smartphone development and with our ongoing research in device technology results in Ericsson owning a very strong portfolio of implementation patents. Our ability to file new implementation patents where infringement can be detected, and to actively work with infringement detection is essential for licensing our intellectual property and to be successful in litigations.
We are therefore strengthening our capability and knowledge base within the Intellectual Property Rights & Licensing organization with an experienced person in our Technical Analysis/Reverse Engineering team. This team is committed to support in building and commercializing the industry’s strongest and most valuable patent portfolio. In this work we continuously operate across many internal and external organizations, e.g. different companies specialized in technical analyses, our internal licensing and assertion managers, our patent development team and inventors from our research & development organizations. The team has their own dedicated lab where technical analyses of mobile devices, including 5G devices, are performed with the aim of detecting patent infringements.
In this position, you will have the opportunity to
- Be part of a dedicated team of highly skilled engineers
- Work on the latest state-of-the-art mobile handsets
- Control your daily work to a high degree and influence the team’s route forward
- Deep-dive into technical details of mobile handsets and IoT devices or figure out how the different design blocks interact on a system level, or anything in-between.
- Find ways for showing that IPR is infringed, and create test methods for producing evidence or indications of use
- Share your knowledge with colleagues in Ericsson’s IPR & Licensing organization
- Work with world-class external suppliers of reverse engineering and technical analyses
- Develop your skills and extend your professional network, and become an authority in patent infringement analysis
You as a person
- You are result orientated
- You have the ability to quickly switch between details and the broader perspective
- You are able to prioritize tasks in high-load situations
- You have good communication skills
- You are a self-motivated team player
- M.Sc. in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Engineering Physics or comparable
- 5+ years of experience from product development and system design of mobile handsets or wireless IoT devices
- Knowledge in layer 2 and layer 3 signaling in 4G/LTE networks
- Fluent in written and spoken English
- PhD in engineering
- Deep understanding in systems aspects of mobile phones and IoT devices
- Experience from patent related work
- HW or SW reverse engineering
- Hands-on work experience from one or more of the following:
- Layer 2 and layer 3 signaling SW design or testing for mobile handsets
- Electronics, SW or system design of mobile handsets or IoT devices
- Trouble-shooting mobile phones during development phase on system or detailed level
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetics.
Ericsson complies with applicable country, state and all local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location across the world in which the company has facilities. In addition, Ericsson supports the UN Guiding Principles for Business and Human Rights and the United Nations Global Compact.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and development.
Ericsson expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetic information.
Primary country and city: Sweden (SE) || || Lund || Consulting&SysInt; IT; R&D
Req ID: 272846