Technical & Solution Sales Support
We are looking for a Technical Solution Sales Expert to support the Ericsson Digital Services organization grow the Cloud Infrastructure business. The role entails driving end-to-end technical solutions from pre-sales, design to project delivery.
- You will position Ericsson as technology leader, communicate and discuss Ericsson’s technology strategy and vision with customer at CTO/CIO and General/Senior Management levels
- Provide sales support expertise, conduct in-depth technical discussions and workshops with customer
- Provide sales support for specific deals, propose solutions covering business and technical requirements
- Contribute to knowledge sharing and help develop competence in technical domain
- Ensure the customer vision & strategy including implications on Ericsson’s technology and solutions is communicated to the Business Units and R&D organizations
- Take on the role as a lead Solution Architect in Cloud and Software Defined Infrastructure projects
- Identify customer business needs through consultative engagements
- Translate business opportunities into sales, utilizing the Ericsson portfolio and capabilities
- Maintain the strategy and solutions built centrally and communicate and cascade them down to all team members in different accounts
- Education: Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or Equivalent
- Min. 15 years of work experience with a Min. 5 years technical solution sales experience
- Substantial solution sales and delivery experience working for leading virtualization/Cloud vendors
- Domain experience: Cloud, NFV/SDN, Software Defined Infrastructure, Virtualization software, Containerization
- Demonstrable deep technical knowledge of Open Source solutions
- Experience with customers in the IT and Telecom/ISP domains (preferably in Europe, Middle East and Africa)
- Business Acumen
Why is Ericsson a great place to work?
Ericsson enables communications service providers to capture the full value of connectivity. The company’s portfolio spans Networks, Digital Services, Managed Services, and Emerging Business and is designed to help our customers go digital, increase efficiency, find new revenue streams, and create new user experiences. Ericsson’s investments in innovation have delivered the benefits of telephony and mobile broadband to billions of people around the world ensuring our solutions – and our customers – are at the forefront of innovation. We support networks that connect more than 2.5 billion subscribers. With over 100,000 employees and customers in 180 countries, we combine global scale with technology and service leadership. 40 percent of the world’s mobile traffic is carried over an Ericsson network. And, our Technology for Good and Connect to Learn programs include creating technology that makes it easier to save lives, feed societies, bring technology to emerging markets and connectivity to remote areas, and grow businesses and prosperity.
At Ericsson, we give our employees the freedom to think big and navigate their career, on a global scale. We create technology that helps others, from helping people enjoy their favourite content to helping people recover from natural disasters by enabling better communications between rescue workers. Your ideas and innovations can turn into achievements that impact society and change the world, creating new connections, new possibilities, and new capabilities. We find that Ericsson is at its best when we bring together the diverse skills of our people. Working across business areas, across cultures, across geographical borders, across technical disciplines. More often than not, across ground-breaking solutions. Next generation technology can be staggeringly complex. But the simpler it is to use; the more people benefit from it. Join us and help build technology that makes it simple to connect with information, business, societies, and each other.
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetics.
Ericsson complies with applicable country, state and all local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location across the world in which the company has facilities. In addition, Ericsson supports the UN Guiding Principles for Business and Human Rights and the United Nations Global Compact.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and development.
Ericsson expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetic information.
Primary country and city: South Africa (ZA) || || Johannesburg || SalesStratMkt&ComMgt
Req ID: 272831