Artificial Intelligence Researcher - Santa Clara CA
Artificial Intelligence Researcher
Ericsson Research is looking for highly motivated and talented Artificial Intelligence Researchers to be part of our AI Research team, bringing Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning to mobile networks. We are pushing the technology frontiers in AI, combining machine learning and reasoning methods, tools, and techniques to drive intelligent autonomous operations in large complex telecom systems.
- Are you well acquainted with the scientific method, and publish your results in scientific conferences or journals?
- Do you want to apply those skills to solve real and complex problems with high societal impact?
- Do you want to inspire and lead AI research for the future 5G, Cloud and IoT systems?
- Then come talk to us!
We are looking for talented researchers to be part of this exciting journey! We are working on a global scale to recruit the best talent and work with the leading universities and customers.
We pride ourselves in providing a supportive team environment where individual contributors are given the maximal opportunity to excel and develop their technical skills. As a researcher in the AI Research team, you will have the freedom to think big and the support to turn ideas into achievements. You will become a member of a successful global research team as a technical leader, and work as part of this team to create a compelling research agenda and carry it out. Your contributions will include developing innovative AI algorithms/solutions and systems to address research challenges in realizing our Zero-Touch Network and Service Management Vision with applications in 5G, Cloud and IoT; prototyping and communicating your work to the Ericsson business units, global customers, standardization groups, and at technical conferences.
Here’s what we are looking for in a successful candidate:
- PhD or M.Sc. in Computer Science or any related technical field (candidates with equivalent practical work experience will be considered).
- Strong programming skills in one or more of the following languages: Python, Java or C/C++.
- Experience in applying AI and machine learning techniques to one of the following fields: time series analysis (anomaly detection, prediction), computer vision, speech processing.
- Understanding of the AI open source communities and practical experience with some of them such as scikit-learn, TensorFlow, pytorch, pandas, Spark, MLlib, etc.
- Ability to scope, follow and execute on a research agenda
- Publication record in AI or related fields including machine learning, computer vision, neural networks, deep learning.
- Active participation in open source communities related to AI
- Experience with telecom industry
Ericsson Research is the central research organization within Ericsson. Our mission is to provide Ericsson with advanced system concepts, technology and methodology and to secure long term competitive product positioning. World-class research and innovation is achieved through cooperation within Ericsson and with partners, customers, universities and research institutes. We are a truly global organization, offering a diverse, performance-driven culture and an innovative and engaging environment.
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetics.
Ericsson complies with applicable country, state and all local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location across the world in which the company has facilities. In addition, Ericsson supports the UN Guiding Principles for Business and Human Rights and the United Nations Global Compact.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and development.
Ericsson expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetic information.
Primary country and city: United States (US) || || Santa Clara || Consulting&SysInt