Content Marketing Manager
We are looking for an experienced content marketing leader to work in the Market Area North America (MANA) Content Marketing team to deliver strategic, customer-centric content that supports and accelerates North America sales and revenue growth. This role will report to the Head of Content Marketing and will provide account-based marketing (ABM) program support for 1-2 strategic accounts and go-to-market support for the Network Services business area.
This individual will create and execute content marketing strategies to support ABM plans and the generate awareness and preference for Network Services solutions, targeting the North American operator customer base. The individual will work closely with key stakeholders in the ABM team and Network Services business area to define priorities, deliverables and activation plans. Once these programs are created, the individual will work with the activation and account-based marketing leaders on the North American Marketing & Communications team to take the content external via the proper channels.
Our Exciting Opportunity
- You will work directly with ABM and Network stakeholders to understand and synthesize customer challenges, business needs, target audiences & buying behaviors and Network Services strategy, solutions, differentiators & messaging, then design, align and execute content strategies that guide the creation, delivery, and governance of content to support sales.
- You will perform strategic mappings of content to customer journeys and ongoing journey gap analyses of the content and its ability to support content strategy and campaign requirements.
- You will create value propositions and message maps that articulate how Ericsson’s products and services fulfill the buyer’s need by solving a problem, delivering an intended result or enabling the realization of an opportunity; supported with qualitative or quantitative proof points/evidence and how Ericsson is differentiated in the market.
- You will leverage, modify, customize or create an array of externally facing short- and long-form content to be used in MANA’s go-to-market campaigns and programs: messaging, campaign content, thought leadership content, customer success stories, use cases, digital event content, face-to-face event content, advertising content, and product/service content.
- You will manage the overall health of content as well as mechanisms for feeding insights back into upstream content processes.
- You will be accountable for tracking and sharing results/impacts of your content marketing programs, and you will make the appropriate changes to the program based on data.
- The ABM and Network Services teams will see you as part of their team, but you will report into the Head of Content Marketing in Marketing & Communications.
- You will work with and manage internal and external content marketing agencies to develop content based on your strategy.
- You will work with the ABM team to identify the right targets for content activation, then work with the digital and event teams to activate the content
- You will always be on the lookout for best-in-class and innovative content strategies and formats to incorporate.
- You need not be a customer or technical expert but you will become knowledgeable about Network Services solutions and our customers, as well as the pain points we are addressing.
- 7+ years of content marketing or product marketing experience with a focus on B2B high tech products, services and solutions
- Ability to design external content strategies in support of business needs and strategy
- Passion for creating external content that engages customers
- Experience with multiple collateral and audience types
- Ability to craft compelling stories with an audience-centric point of view
- Experience designing thought leadership programs
- Ability to create messages in collaboration with internal stakeholders
- Strong writing/editing experience
- Complex project management skills
- Marketing agency management skills
- Ability to use content marketing platforms/tools
- Experience supporting ABM programs
- Experience in telecommunications, information and communications technology (ICT) or other related industries
You Will Also Have:
- Experience in positioning of products, skills (people) and ways of working (process)
- Excellent cross-functional collaboration and consensus-building skills
- Ability to synthesize large quantiles of information down to their essence
- Experience managing a high volume of work, quickly, efficiently and of exceptionally high quality
- Demonstrated ability to think independently, strategically and effectively
- Ability to work in a matrix organization with different stakeholders and a broad variety of responsibilities
- Strong organizational skills, and attention to detail
- Ability to present plans and results to cross-functional team members, including management
- Strong ability to use content measurement tools to extract actionable data and conduct analysis
- Strong business acumen
- Executive presence
Ericsson is a world-leading provider of telecommunications solutions & services to mobile & fixed network operators. Over 1,000 networks in more than 180 countries use Ericsson solutions, & more than 40 percent of the world's mobile traffic passes through Ericsson networks. Using innovation to empower people, business & society, we are working towards the Networked Society, in which everything that can benefit from a connection will have one.
We are truly a global company, working across borders in 175 countries, offering a diverse, performance-driven culture & an innovative & engaging environment where employees enhance their potential every day. Our employees live our vision, core values & guiding principles. They share a passion to win & a high responsiveness to customer needs that in turn makes us a desirable partner to our clients. To ensure professional growth, Ericsson offers a stimulating work experience, continuous learning & growth opportunities that allow you to acquire the knowledge & skills necessary to reach your career goals.
DISCLAIMER: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of employees assigned to this position. Therefore employees assigned may be required to perform additional job tasks required by the manager.
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/Disabled/Veterans. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, protected veteran status, union membership or genetics information.
Ericsson complies with applicable country, state and all local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location across the world in which the company has facilities. In addition, Ericsson supports the UN Guiding Principles for Business and Human Rights and the United Nations Global Compact.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and development.
Ericsson expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, protected veteran status, union membership or genetic information.
Ericsson will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by Ericsson or (c) consistent with Ericsson’s legal duty to furnish information.
Employee Polygraph Protection Act Notice - Employers are generally prohibited from requiring or requesting any employee or job applicant to take a lie detector test, and from discharging, disciplining, or discriminating against an employee or prospective employee for refusing to take a test or for exercising other rights under the Act. For more information, visit https://www.dol.gov/whd/regs/compliance/posters/eppac.pdf.
Ericsson is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing reasonable accommodation for qualified disabled individuals during the application and hiring process. Ericsson will make modifications or adjustments to the job application or interview process that will enable a qualified applicant to be considered for a position. If you require an accommodation due to a disability, please contact Ericsson at email@example.com or (866) 374-2272 (US) or (877) 338-9966 (Canada) for further assistance.
Primary country and city: United States (US) || || Plano || SalesStratMkt&ComMgt
Req ID: 272768