Senior Java Developer
Ericsson is a world-leading provider of telecommunications equipment and services to mobile and fixed network operators. Over 1,000 networks in more than 180 countries use Ericsson equipment and more than 40 percent of the world's mobile traffic passes through Ericsson networks. Using innovation to empower people, business & society, we are working towards the Networked Society, in which everything that can benefit from a connection will have one.
Ericsson Finland employs close to 800 professionals, the majority of whom work in Kirkkonummi, 25 minutes away from the Helsinki city center. Our teams are very international with colleagues of over 40 different nationalities. Together with the Finnish network operators and 100 years of Finnish market experience, we are serving the data hungry nation with mobile technology enabling the benefits of digitalization across the sparsely populated country. Besides that, we focus on research and development especially in the areas of network security, IoT, cloud and 5G setting Ericsson amongst the 10 largest product developers in Finland.
Are you a go-getter with a “get it out of the building” mindset? Do you endeavor to achieve ambitious goals and want to achieve them together with your team? Do you want to broaden your skill-set while simultaneously taking more responsibility within your field of expertise?
We are ramping-up our Device and Data Management R&D for Ericsson IoT Accelerator. Along with the team of product managers, system architects, software designers and test engineers you’ll have a chance to make a true impact by delivering the benefits of the Internet of Things to our customers, and the Networked Society at large!
The role in a nutshell
We are building Device and Data Management (DDM) services for Ericsson IoT Accelerator. Our solution serves as an intelligent platform for a range of verticals such as Industrial IoT, Urban Transport, Logistics and Smart Metering. We are growing rapidly and hence looking for highly motivated senior software development pioneers to join our teams.
As part of this role you will be responsible for designing, building and delivering cloud-native applications for complex, distributed, real-time systems. You will be responsible for leading teams in “a lead by example” manner. Additionally, the role requires sound competence in service design concepts, migrating legacy software codebases to modern microservices-based architectures, and test-driven development. To put it simply, we expect you to take a prominent role in defining the DDM service as well as to have a coaching mindset to bring out the best in people around you.
Do you have what it takes?
- Deep knowledge of design patterns: Be able to evaluate tradeoffs in various architectural choices
- Excellent communication skills to work with geographically distributed teams
- Professional experience in programming with Java
Ways of working:
- Ability to work in a TDD way, i.e., write a failing test to reproduce a bug before fixing it
- Understanding of concepts such as building safety nets, safe to fail and fail fast
- Ability to modify small parts of the software with the above two principles
- Experience in delivering software continuously
Additional requires that are considered a bonus:
- Knowledge of microservices and containerization, past experience with Kubernetes is a plus
- Event driven architecture and message distribution (past experience with Kafka is a plus)
- Experience in debugging live production software, i.e., software tooling skills
- Working with RESTful design and popular HTTP clients
- Working with databases (SQL, NOSQL, TimeSeries, etc.)
- Knowledge of open source projects for the domain (Experience in contributing to any open source projects a plus)
- Some understanding of application security as well as network security
What we offer you:
- Possibility to build your career; learn and develop in a truly international company with colleagues from 40 different countries in our Jorvas office only
- Possibility to shape the future and build the Networked Society
- Competitive Ericsson benefit package
- Different clubs and other leisure activities with amazing colleagues; free gym and tennis & football field just to mention a few
We welcome the opportunity to meet you!
Learn more about working at Ericsson Finland:
Apply now or at the latest 25th March!
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetics.
Ericsson complies with applicable country, state and all local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location across the world in which the company has facilities. In addition, Ericsson supports the UN Guiding Principles for Business and Human Rights and the United Nations Global Compact.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and development.
Ericsson expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetic information.
Primary country and city: Finland (FI) || || Jorvas, Kirkkonummi || IT
Req ID: 272629