Data Engineer - R&D (Global AI Accelerator)
Data Engineer – R&D (Global AI Accelerator India)
Ericsson is world’s leading provider of communications technology and services. Our offerings include services, consulting, software and infrastructure within Information and Communications Technology.
Using innovation to empower people, business and society, Ericsson is working towards the Networked Society: a world connected in real time that will open up opportunities to create freedom, transform society and drive solutions to some of our planet’s greatest challenges.
We are truly a global company, operating across borders in over 180 countries, offering a diverse, performance-driven culture and an innovative and engaging environment. As an Ericsson employee, you will have freedom to think big and the support to turn ideas into achievements. Continuous learning and growth opportunities allow you to acquire the knowledge and skills necessary to progress and reach your career goals. We invite you to join our team.
It will be practically impossible for human brains to understand how to run and optimize next generation of wireless networks, i.e., 5G network with distributed edge compute, that will drive economic and social transformation for all aspects of society. Machine Learning (ML) and other Artificial Intelligence (AI) technologies will be vital for us to handle this opportunity. We are setting up a Global AI Accelerator (GAIA) in the US, Sweden and India, with 300 experts, to fast-track our strategy execution.
Machine Intelligence, the combination of Machine Learning and other Artificial Intelligence technologies is what Ericsson uses to drive thought leadership to automate and transform Ericsson offerings and operations. MI is also a key competence for to enable new and emerging business. This includes development of models, frameworks and infrastructure where we in our advancements push the technology frontiers. We engage in both academic and industry collaborations and drive the digitalization of Ericsson and the Industry by developing state of the art solutions that simplify and automate processes in our products and services and build new value through data insights.
Ericsson is now looking for Data Engineers to significantly expand its global team for AI acceleration for our group in Bangalore and Chennai.
As a Data Engineer, you shall be a part of our growing team of MI experts. You will be evolving and optimizing our data and data pipeline architecture, as well as, optimizing data flow and collection for cross functional teams. You are a data pipeline builder and data wrangler who enjoys optimizing data systems and evolving them. The Data Engineer will support our software developers, database architects, data analysts and data scientists on data initiatives and will ensure optimal data and models devOps (dataOps) architecture is consistent throughout ongoing projects. You are self-directed and comfortable supporting the dataOps needs of multiple teams, systems and products. You will also be responsible for integrating them with the architecture used across the company. The right candidate will be excited by the prospect of optimizing or even re-designing our company’s dataOps architecture to support our existing and next generation of MI-driven products and solutions initiatives.
• Create and maintain optimal data and model dataOps pipeline architecture
• Assemble large, complex data sets that meet functional / non-functional business requirements.
• Identify, design, and implement internal process improvements: automating manual processes, optimizing data delivery, re-designing infrastructure for greater scalability, etc.
• Build the infrastructure required for optimal extraction, transformation, and loading of data from a wide variety of data sources using SQL and cloud-based ‘big data’ technologies from AWS, Azure and others.
• Work with stakeholders including the Executive, Product, Data and Design teams to assist with data-related technical issues and support their data infrastructure needs.
• Keep data separated and secure across national boundaries through multiple data centers and strategic customers/partners.
• Create tool-chains for analytics and data scientist team members that assist them in building and optimizing our product into an innovative industry leader.
• Work with data and machine learning experts to strive for greater functionality in our data and model life cycle management systems.
• Support dataOps competence build-up in Ericsson Businesses and Customer Serving Units
• Bachelors/Masters/Ph.D. in Computer Science, Information Systems, Data Science, Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning, Electrical Engineering or related disciplines from any of the reputed institutes. First Class, preferably with Distinction.
• Overall industry experience of 5+ years, at least 3 years’ experience as a Data Engineer.
• 3+ years of experience in the following:
• Software/tools: Hadoop, Spark, Kafka, etc.
• Relational SQL and NoSQL databases, including Postgres and Cassandra.
• Data and Model pipeline and workflow management tools: Azkaban, Luigi, Airflow, Dataiku, etc.
• Stream-processing systems: Storm, Spark-Streaming, etc.
• Object-oriented/object function scripting languages: Python, Java, C++, Scala, etc.
• Object-oriented/object function scripting languages: Python, Java, Scala (Advanced level in one language, at least)
• Experience building and optimizing ‘big data’ data pipelines, architectures and data sets.
• Experience performing root cause analysis on internal and external data and processes to answer specific business questions and seek opportunities for improvement.
• Experience in Data warehouse design and dimensional modeling
• Strong analytic skills related to working with unstructured datasets.
• Experience building processes supporting data transformation, data structures, metadata, dependency and workload management.
• Advanced SQL knowledge and experience working with relational databases, query authoring (SQL) as well as working familiarity with a variety of other databases/date-sources.
• Working knowledge of message queuing, stream processing, and highly scalable ‘big data’ data stores.
• Experience with Docker containers, orchestration systems (e.g. Kubernetes), continuous integration and job schedulers.
• Knowledge of server-less architectures (e.g. Lambda, Kinesis, Glue).
• Experience with microservices and REST APIs.
• Familiar with agile development and lean principles.
• Contributor or owner of GitHub repo.
• Experience supporting and working with cross-functional teams in a dynamic environment.
• Good communication skills in written and spoken English
• Creativity and ability to formulate problems and solve them independently
• Applications/Domain-knowledge in Telecommunication and/or IoT, a plus.
• Experience with data visualization and dashboard creation is a plus
• Ability to work independently with high energy, enthusiasm and persistence
• Experience in partnering and collaborative co-creation, i.e., working with complex multiple stakeholder business units, global customers, technology and other ecosystem partners in a multi-culture, global matrix organization with sensitivity and persistence
Location : Bangalore & Chennai.