CORE Integration Lead
Ericsson is a world-leading provider of telecommunications equipment and services to mobile and fixed network operators. Over 1,000 networks in more than 180 countries use Ericsson equipment, and more than 40 percent of the world's mobile traffic passes through Ericsson networks. Using innovation to empower people, business and society, we are working towards the Networked Society, in which everything that can benefit from a connection will have one. At Ericsson, we apply our innovation to market-based solutions that empower people and society to help shape a more sustainable world.
We are truly a global company, working across borders in 175 countries, offering a diverse, performance-driven culture and an innovative and engaging environment where employees enhance their potential every day. Our employees live our vision, core values and guiding principles. They share a passion to win and a high responsiveness to customer needs that in turn makes us a desirable partner to our clients. To ensure professional growth, Ericsson offers a stimulating work experience, continuous learning and growth opportunities that allow you to acquire the knowledge and skills necessary to reach your career goals.
1.2 Job Summary
The main role of the Integration Lead Engineer in this position will be to work on the CORE network across the Telco Cloud and the wider Telco Core & Cloud (TCC) Portfolio, having specific expertise to manage the onboarding, integration, troubleshooting and testing of IMS & Packet Core VNFs into a customer NFVi environment. The ability to deep dive including hands-on analysis is essential. It includes virtualization of all nodes on Ericsson proprietary HDS8000 hardware, with CEE (Openstack), plus other 3PP platforms and VIMs.
The wider TCC portfolio covers:
· Cloud Execution Environment (Virtualised Infrastructure Manager) – OpenStack based
· Other 3PP Hypervisors - VMware
· Hardware solutions (COTS –e.g. Dell, HP, CISCO and Ericsson proprietary – e.g.Hyperscale Datacentre System (HDS)8000 & Blade Server Platform (BSP) 8100.
· Data Centre Transformation/Modernisation
· UDM (HSS, HLR, CUDB, EIR, UPG, AAA)
· VoLTE, ViLTE & VoWiFi
· M2M (Device Connection Platform)
· EPC (Evolved Packet Core)
· Switching (MSS)
· IMS Core (CSCF, MTAS, BCE, SBG)
· Diameter and STP signalling control
· Regulatory Solutions
The Integration engineer will be responsible for leading the integration team (on and off-shore) and participation in the following:
· HW installs
· HW expansions or reconfigurations,
· SW installation and upgrades,
· Configuration preparation based on LLD
· Integration testing
· MOP preparation
· Input/review of services costing
· Progress Reporting
An example of this role would be to lead and participate in the implementation a vIMS solution preparing build files, onboarding, configuring, testing and troubleshooting the VNFs and E2E solution. Acting as the technical implementation SPOC towards the customer, steering a team of local and off-shore integrators, providing inputs into the planning of the delivery and reporting progress, as well as overseeing the end to end integration requiring coordination of other domain experts from TCC or OSS/BSS.
While this is undoubtedly a highly technical role, what differentiates a high performer will be the soft skills required to win over the customer, and virtual teams including the ability to demonstrate behaviours relating to leadership, self-awareness, self-regulation, social skills, empathy, and motivation.
1.3 Responsibilities & Tasks
· Technical SPOC for CORE VNF implementation in NFVi environments
· Experience on Hypervisors (preferably Openstack)
· SME for onboarding VNFs into customer NFVi environments
· SME for CORE implementation, testing & troubleshooting
· SME for troubleshooting issues with VNF interworking with NFVi.
· Drive the implementation and provide leadership to other integrators and technical Subject Matter Experts (SME) whether local or off-shore.
· Secure quality in all Integration deliverables, and adherence to customer ways of working, customer expectations and strict adherence to agreed timelines.
· Reporting progress, identifying risks & suggesting mitigations.
· Driving issue resolution through analysis of traces E2E across the solution and associated IMS & Packet Core nodes.
· Analysing the impact of and feasibility of change requests
· Ensuring customer satisfaction during delivery and handover.
· Provide feedback to R&D
· Participate in knowledge transfer, documentation & information sharing
1.4 Position Qualifications: Core Competences:
· Deep knowledge and experience in implementation and troubleshooting of CORE VNFs.
· Deep knowledge and experience in implementation and troubleshooting of CORE E2E.
· Deep knowledge and experience in Hypervisors, particularly Openstack.
· Extensive experience and expertise of onboarding and troubleshooting Telco VNFs onto an Openstack environment.
· Strong practical knowledge of Linux, and Windows operating systems
· Strong practical knowledge of IP networking
· Extensive Telco Industry understanding and experience
· Leading virtual teams
· Problem solving
· Conflict resolution
· Sales Process awareness
· Interpersonal Skills including verbal and written communication excellence
· Commercial awareness.
· Highly developed personal traits including self-awareness, self-regulation, social skills, empathy and motivation.
1.5 Minimum Qualifications & Experience Requirements:
Bachelors degree in Engineering, Electronics, IT or equivalent.
Relevant (minimum 5 years) experience in delivery.
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetics.
Ericsson complies with applicable country, state and all local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location across the world in which the company has facilities. In addition, Ericsson supports the UN Guiding Principles for Business and Human Rights and the United Nations Global Compact.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and development.
Ericsson expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetic information.
Primary country and city: United Kingdom (GB) || || Reading || Consulting&SysInt; IT; ProdMgt; R&D; SalesStratMkt&ComMgt; ServEng; SharedServ; Stud&YP; Supply&Log
Req ID: 272430