Principal Developer - Software Craftmanship
Predicting the future is Fun – Inventing it is Powerful! @Ericsson, we do both by giving our employees the freedom to think Big. Are you a software designer with a true passion for technology and above excellent software design knowledge?
We are responsible for end-to-end Baseband software product development for 5G. We are currently looking for a Principal Developer, Software Craftmanship Baseband to join us in our 5G journey!
- You will be part of a highly skilled group of engineers and you will be joining a community of people that enjoy creating world most advanced products;
- You will set and drive the technical direction for Baseband software architecture strategy together with other tech leads
- You will be a driver in the baseband software community on how to make baseband SW easier to develop and to test. You will influence software craftsmanship culture in the organization by sharing best practices, creating and following up on guidelines on how to develop baseband code to meet our architectural strategies at the same time adding customer value
- You will introduce and drive different software development techniques for example TDD (Test Driven Development)
- You will identify and drive if and how Ericsson can open baseband SW code to share to open source. You will also be responsible to represent Baseband in open source community;
- You will represent Ericsson in different developer conferences, academia to brand Ericsson, understand competition as well be up-to-date with latest trends.
- Expertise in software development for real time multi-core embedded products.
- Passion for quality, delivering results and meeting customer expectations
- Experience as a technical leader who can influence multiple stake holders, generate energy, coach and challenge teams.
- Experience at working effectively with personnel at all levels in the organization with strong listening and good oral and written communication skills
- Good strategic and operational understanding, with good customer focus and ability to drive and develop the area
- Large degree of flexibility and willingness to take on different tasks
- Knowledge in Lean and Agile principles;
- Master’s degree or higher in Computer Science.
DISCLAIMER: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of employees assigned to this position. Therefore employees assigned may be required to perform additional job tasks required by the manager.
Primary country and city: Canada (CA) || || || ProdMgt