What does your future look like?
We are on the brink of the Networked Society - a technology revolution that will change the world for good through instant global connections and expanded freedom and opportunity.
Ericsson is a world leader in the rapidly changing environment of communications technology – providing equipment, software and services to enable transformation through mobility. Headquartered in Stockholm – Sweden, Ericsson is a publicly listed company with more than 95,000 employees globally.
More than 180 countries use Ericsson equipment and more than 40 percent of the world's mobile traffic passes through Ericsson networks. Technology is at the heart of our business. Ericsson engineers, researchers and scientists around the world are working on what’s next in information, communications and telecommunications (ICT).
A connected world is just the beginning. Your passion determines what comes next! Apply your ideas and insights to empowering people, business and society.
Come and discover what makes YOU + ERICSSON a powerful combination
We welcome the opportunity to meet you!
This position sits within the Network Design and Optimisation (NDO) Strategic Competence Unit (SCU), a highly experienced globally team at Ericsson. You will be working at the cutting edge of technology (5G, IOT, ML, AEO, and VoLTE) and will be involved with projects in many diverse global locations. In this role, you will be a subject matter expert (SME) and a go-to person in the field of Radio Network Design and Optimisation. Although this position is based in (hiring site), you will be required to travel extensively to Ericsson and Customer sites around the world, for both short and long duration assignments.
Responsibilities & Tasks:
- Provide network solutions on the latest technologies in Radio Access Network (RAN) space, considering E2E impacts.
- Lead discussion with Customers (Technical Staff and Senior Management), understand customer requirements.
- Propose solutions, develop and present technical presentations and proposals
- Design solutions that are scalable, robust and cost effective that fulfils operators’ technical and business requirements
- Participate in knowledge transfer, documentation and information sharing
- Support product and delivery teams to ensure designed solutions are developed and deployed to meet objectives
- Provide ideas and suggestions to Product Management to further improve/add/modify existing offerings within the Network and Design portfolio
- Engage business stakeholders in understanding potential technologies capabilities
- Manage customer expectations, implementation of customer solutions within agreed time, scope and cost.
- Work under tight time schedules
Minimum Qualifications & Experience Requirements:
The successful applicant must have a blend of skills required to contribute to the Radio Network Consulting team in pre-sales and delivery processes, use of consulting methodology and development of the technical expertise across a team of people;
- Degree in Electrical, Electronics or Telecommunications Engineering or IT.
- Minimum 10 years of relevant experience in ICT Industry with experience in pre-sales and service delivery
- Deep technical RAN knowledge
- Network Design and Optimisation experience
- Experienced in using the following radio network design and optimisation tools
- Capacity and Dimensioning Tools like RNPT
- RF Cell Planning Tools like Mentum Planet or Atoll
- Drive test Tools like TEMS Investigation
- Proven track record of leading teams to successful project outcomes.
- Expertise in one or more of the following areas: 5G, Internet of Things (IoT). VoLTE, Machine Learning and Artificial Intelligence (ML & AI) applied to NDO services, and App Experience Optimization
- Programming skills/experience in languages; R, Python - Pandas & NumPy, Pyspark, Hadoop, Git repository or similar will be an added advantage.
- Ability to travel globally up to 80% of the time (project dependent)
- Developing Others & Knowledge Sharing.
- Self-motivated and ability to work under pressure and learn independently.
- Innovation and proactive attitude
- Good presentation, time management and leadership skills & ability to work with diverse backgrounds
- Result oriented with focus on customer satisfaction and project delivery
- Excellent communication - Fluent English, both written and spoken.
- Good inter personal skills and relationship development with customer.
- Market insight, up to date with new developments in related technologies and products
- Financial understanding.
In Australia, we are known for delivering “World-1st” projects for Australia's largest and most renowned telecommunications carriers. This is a chance to play a critical role in the success of the Ericsson organization in Australia, whilst providing you with a fantastic career development opportunity and the chance to work alongside the brightest minds in our industry.
We invite you to join our team as we work together to solve the world’s biggest challenges.
This position is located in Sydney or Melbourne.
We will not be providing a work permit/visa for this position
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetics. Ericsson complies with applicable country, state and all local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location across the world in which the company has facilities.
Please Note: We are only interested in applications from individuals and are not interested in any speculative calls or submissions from Recruitment Agencies.
Primary country and city: Australia (AU) || || Sydney || IT
Job details: Solution Architect