Site Acquisition & Environmental Design (SAED) Manager | Telco
What does your future look like?
We are on the brink of the Networked Society - a technology revolution that will change the world for good through instant global connections and expanded freedom and opportunity.
Ericsson is a world leader in the rapidly changing environment of communications technology – providing equipment, software and services to enable transformation through mobility. Headquartered in Stockholm – Sweden, Ericsson is a publically listed company with more than 115,000 employees
More than 180 countries use Ericsson equipment and more than 40 percent of the world's mobile traffic passes through Ericsson networks. Technology is at the heart of our business. Ericsson engineers, researchers and scientists around the world are working on what’s next in information, communications and telecommunications (ICT).
A connected world is just the beginning. Your passion determines what comes next! Apply your ideas and insights to empowering people, business and society.
Come and discover what makes YOU + ERICSSON a powerful combination
We welcome the opportunity to meet you!
We have a current need for a Site Acquisition and Environmental Design (SAED) Manager. This role has a leading and coordinating function in the rollout of a national wireless mobile network including: providing technical input, making decisions on acquisition issues and management of external SAED contractors. The SAED Manager will support the Customer Project Manager in driving the acquisition of sites in accordance with the deployment rollout schedule.
In this role, you will:
- Manage rollout at a regional level, whilst overseeing activities from a property, design, planning and technical perspective.
- Liaise with contractors to provide an acquirable and technically strong site to the customer.
- Manage variations, including obtaining approval from the customer.
- Oversee and approve documentation for design of the site.
- Manage workflow of acquisition from site selection to final acceptance.
- Manage contractors to deliver program of works in a timely manner.
- Attend weekly project meetings to report on deliverables and KPIs.
- Assist in resolving defects during acquisition, construction and installation of sites.
- Provide assistance to team members and upper management for escalated issues.
As our ideal candidate, you will have:
- Site acquisition and build experience in large scale greenfield, augmentation or expansion programs.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Organisational, issue resolution and negotiation skills.
- Proactive leadership and management skills.
- Demonstrated negotiation and customer relationship management skills.
Experience in the following areas would be advantageous:
- Ericsson portfolio knowledge
- A demonstrated financial acumen.
- Local industry and standards knowledge.
- Turn-key wireless network rollout.
Ericsson is a truly global company, with a diverse, performance-driven culture, an innovative and engaging environment and opportunities to work across borders. Our employees live our vision, core values and guiding principles – sharing a passion to win and a high responsiveness to customer needs that in turn makes us a desirable partner to our clients.
In Australia, we are known for delivering “World-First” projects for Australia's largest and most renowned telecommunications carriers. This is a chance to play a critical role in the success of the Ericsson organisation in Australia, whilst providing you with a fantastic career development opportunity and the chance to work alongside the brightest minds in our industry.
We will not be providing a work permit/visa for this position
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetics. Ericsson complies with applicable country, state and all local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location across the world in which the company has facilities.
Please Note: We are only interested in applications from individuals and are not interested in any speculative calls or submissions from Recruitment Agencies.
Primary country and city: Australia (AU) || || Sydney || ServEng
Job details: Implementation Management