We are now looking for a Solution Architect, who will be responsible for analyzing, designing and developing commercially viable end-to-end technical solutions for the customers. In this role, you will also be accountable for providing profitable business for Ericsson by translating customer needs, and technology opportunities into detailed technical offering, solutions and proposals.
- Architect end-to-end design of customer solutions and conduct project technical oversight
- Must have a wide skillset in the core domains covering Circuit, Packet and Evolved Packet Core.
- Very good knowledge of at least four of the following; Packet Core, Wireless (2G, 3G, 4G, 5G), SDN, NFV, Data Center, Optical, Ethernet
- Understanding of Fault, Inventory, Performance in Network Management
- Working experience with some of the following, TDM, Ethernet, IP/MPLS, Data Centre, Mobile, Carrier Ethernet, OSS/BSS, NFV/SDN
- Good IP routing knowledge (OSPF, BGP, MPLS based IP VPN’s and MPLS)
- Knowledge of UNIX/LINUX a plus
Project specific skills:
- Experience with Mobile Backhaul with an understanding of UTRAN, eUTRAN, NG-RAN and Packet Core
- Understanding of Mobile technologies (2G,3G,4G/LTE)
- Experience of Planning Tools, Cramer, Granite or similar
- Knowledge of file handling, (CSV, XML, JSON etc.) and REST APi's
- Knowledgeable in FCAPS, SNMP
- Knowledgeable in Data Center technologies
- Knowledge of Cloud technologies, AWS, Azure
- Knowledgeable in Openstack, SDN/NFV, specifically SD-WAN, SD-DC, Closed Loop Automation and API's
- Knowledge in a technology area such as Optical Transport Network (OTN), SONET/SDH, PON/FTTH, VoIP, IPTv etc
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science/Engineering or similar
- Minimum of 5+ years of experience in telecommunications/networking industry
- Working experience with Carrier Ethernet technologies (802.3, 802.1, MEF)
- Knowledgeable in Service OAM (802.1ag, Y.1731, TWAMP etc), IP, MPLS, PWE3, VPLS and Network Management protocols
- Good IP routing knowledge (OSPF, BGP, MPLS based IP VPN’s)
- Experience with Mobile Backhaul via Carrier Ethernet a plus
- Understanding of Mobile technologies (2G,3G,4G/LTE)
- Prior experience at Carriers/Service Providers or direct experience in working closely with such companies
- Network Architecture and Design
- Hands-on experience with routers and switches
- Abstract thinker who has the ability to identify patterns and develop solutions that work across a wide range of problems.
- Knowledge of formal design including UML e.g. class diagrams, component diagrams, sequence diagrams
- Excellent communication skills and problem solving abilities
- Experience working with Operational Support Systems (Quoting, Service Delivery, Billing, etc)
- Experience with Network Management Systems and technologies
- Good knowledge of UNIX/LINUX a plus
- Experience with network and service configuration via Netconf/Yang a plus
- Scripting experience (PERL, TCL etc)
DISCLAIMER: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of employees assigned to this position. Therefore employees assigned may be required to perform additional job tasks required by the manager.
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/Disabled/Veterans. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, protected veteran status, union membership or genetics information.
Ericsson complies with applicable country, state and all local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location across the world in which the company has facilities. In addition, Ericsson supports the UN Guiding Principles for Business and Human Rights and the United Nations Global Compact.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and development.
Ericsson expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, protected veteran status, union membership or genetic information.
Ericsson will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by Ericsson or (c) consistent with Ericsson’s legal duty to furnish information.
Employee Polygraph Protection Act Notice - Employers are generally prohibited from requiring or requesting any employee or job applicant to take a lie detector test, and from discharging, disciplining, or discriminating against an employee or prospective employee for refusing to take a test or for exercising other rights under the Act. For more information, visit https://www.dol.gov/whd/regs/compliance/posters/eppac.pdf.
Ericsson is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing reasonable accommodation for qualified disabled individuals during the application and hiring process. Ericsson will make modifications or adjustments to the job application or interview process that will enable a qualified applicant to be considered for a position. If you require an accommodation due to a disability, please contact Ericsson at firstname.lastname@example.org or (866) 374-2272 (US) or (877) 338-9966 (Canada) for further assistance.
Primary country and city: United States (US) || || Piscataway || ServEng
Req ID: 272163