2nd Level Operations Infrastructure Engineer
At Ericsson, we give our employees the freedom to think big. Your ideas and innovations can turn into achievements that impact society and change the world. Are you ready to be a change-maker?
Learn what makes YOU + Ericsson a powerful combination. Join us today.
We are one of the leading providers of Information and Communication Technology (ICT) to service providers, with about 40% of the world’s mobile traffic carried through our networks. We enable the full value of connectivity by creating game-changing technology and services that are easy to use, adopt and scale, making our customers successful in a fully connected world.
Together, in Romania we create a culture of innovation, constantly transforming to find new ways of working. Opened in 2007, the Global Site in Bucharest is one in only four all over the world, the only one situated in Europe and a vital component in Ericsson’s global services organization. The Romanian site currently counts on a team of 1,900 strong professionals and enthusiastic young specialists and is developing constantly to meet customer needs.
A 2nd line person has to supported and fixed all BUSINESS AS USUAL related issues in complex enterprise systems, based on handover (training & documentation) from Tech Delivery teams. This would require a very good level of understanding and experience of AD, MS/Linux servers, networking & storage, which would be assumed knowledge. They should understand how we use certain technologies, follow the guidelines & be able to resolve issues quickly or collate precise information for escalation to 3rd line. They should take ownership of issues through to resolution and communicate to the customer.
Main accountabilities – you will:
- System patching and upgrades
- System expansion such as additional servers, more storage, new GPO’s, etc
- Identification of improvements & either implementing if deemed as normal BUSINESS AS USUAL or initiating a project task with concise requirements
- Substantial experience of implementing, supporting and troubleshooting complex enterprise-level Microsoft and Linux based systems in a fast paced commercial environment, with the ability to resolve issues or escalate in a concise manner
- Substantial experience of providing 2nd-3rd line operational support in a 24x7 Environment
- Substantial experience in supporting VMware environments
- In-depth knowledge of standard Linux tools & scripting languages (Ruby, Bash, Perl, Python)
- Detailed knowledge of Microsoft AD, GPO, Windows Server operating systems and core infrastructure components (file servers, DFS, data migration, PowerShell)
- Substantial experience of systems automation, configuration management, automated server builds and monitoring tools. Specifically Puppet and Foreman
- Experience supporting and administering Citrix environments
- Experience of configuring and maintaining a range of common server applications, including Apache, Samba, Tomcat, JBoss, IIS, MS SQL, sharepoint, etc
- Understanding of IP networking and common protocols such as FTP, HTTP and SSH, and understanding of network security practices including the use of VPNs, ACLs and firewalls
- Rigorous and disciplined approach to documentation, and knowledge transfer.
- Knowledge &/or experience of SAN technologies; StorNext, iSCSI and Fibre Channel
- Knowledge of the Redhat Katello stack including Pulp repository management.
- Knowledge &/or experience of using Amazon Web Services, OpenStack etc
- Experience of Senior Management liaison and of presenting information of a complex technical nature to a variety of audiences
- Experience of Client liaison, including acting as a Technical representative in meetings with a Client’s technical and non-technical staff
- Some knowledge of project work and methodologies, ideally gained through involvement in complex high profile projects in the broadcast sector
- Ability to process and present complex system information in a clear and concise fashion for escalation to senior teams for prompt issue resolution.
What we offer
- We will value your competences
- You will work in a dynamic company along with the smartest people in the industry
- You will benefit from a wide range of learning and transfer knowledge from/to your colleagues
- You will have access to latest technology and support to showcase your bright ideas
- You will enjoy Ericsson’s ways of working that value the importance of work life balance
- Benefits package: including premium healthcare & gym subscriptions
- You will be part of an active community via Brand Ambassadors, CSR Activities, Sports Teams etc.
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetics.
Ericsson complies with applicable country, state and all local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location across the world in which the company has facilities. In addition, Ericsson supports the UN Guiding Principles for Business and Human Rights and the United Nations Global Compact.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and development.
Ericsson expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetic information.
Primary country and city: Romania (RO) || || Bucharest || IT; SharedServ
Req ID: 272116