Senior Program Manager - R&D (Global AI Accelerator India)
Ericsson is world’s leading provider of communications technology and services. Our offerings include services, consulting, software and infrastructure within Information and Communications Technology.
Using innovation to empower people, business and society, Ericsson is working towards the Networked Society: a world connected in real time that will open up opportunities to create freedom, transform society and drive solutions to some of our planet’s greatest challenges.
We are truly a global company, operating across borders in over 180 countries, offering a diverse, performance-driven culture and an innovative and engaging environment. As an Ericsson employee, you will have freedom to think big and the support to turn ideas into achievements. Continuous learning and growth opportunities allow you to acquire the knowledge and skills necessary to progress and reach your career goals. We invite you to join our team.
It will be practically impossible for human brains to understand how to run and optimize next generation of wireless networks, i.e., 5G network with distributed edge compute, that will drive economic and social transformation for all aspects of society. Machine Learning (ML) and other Artificial Intelligence (AI) technologies will be vital for us to handle this opportunity. We are setting up a Global AI Accelerator (GAIA) in the US, Sweden and India, with 300 experts, to fast-track our strategy execution.
Machine Intelligence, the combination of Machine Learning and other Artificial Intelligence technologies is what Ericsson uses to drive thought leadership to automate and transform Ericsson offerings and operations. MI is also a key competence for to enable new and emerging business. This includes development of models, frameworks and infrastructure where we in our advancements push the technology frontiers. We engage in both academic and industry collaborations and drive the digitalization of Ericsson and the Industry by developing state of the art solutions that simplify and automate processes in our products and services and build new value through data insights.
Ericsson is now looking for Sr. Program Managers to significantly expand its global team for AI acceleration for our group in Bangalore and Chennai.
Program / Project Manager at Ericsson R&D leads a temporary organization towards project goals and manages the project in terms of scope, time, costs, risks and quality. The Job Role holder defines the work in the project and takes full accountability for the planning, execution and conclusion of a project assignment. By monitoring, controlling and reporting progress according to applicable process, the Project Manager ensures that the project delivers a beneficial result according to a project assignment to the satisfaction of customer/Ericsson/other stakeholders. Typical Interfaces shall be:
Internal: Project Sponsor, Project Steering Group, Resource Owners, Project Management Office (PMO), Relevant Functional Areas (such as Finance, Human Resource, Sourcing, Supply).
External: Customers, Partners, 3rd Party Suppliers.
Reports to the Head of GAIA India, that is a part Ericsson R&D. Interfaces with GAIA R&D teams in other locations such as North America and Sweden; and with key stakeholders from Business and Market Areas.
- Bachelors/Masters in Engineering from any of the reputed institutes. First Class, preferably with Distinction.
- 12+ years of significant software product development experience.
- At least 8 years of project management experience.
- Given the responsibilities and deliverables from the projects, must have a high structural ability to create and drive the development teams on different levels.
- Self-motivated, with the drive to solve problems and expand knowledge
- Strong technical knowledge and experience of R&D SW and HW processes in large global organizations
- Project Management in large matrix global organization is big plus
- Excellent communicator, decisive, results-driven, people-oriented person with good networking skills along with the ability to motivate employees in the organization.
- Strong ability to see the whole picture and to focus on the important details in a pragmatic and result oriented way with ability to challenge when needed
- International experience is a merit
- Project Management Professional (PMP®) certification, with requirements for continued professional development is a plus
- Team player with outstanding skills in cooperation amongst key stake-holders
- Proven and documented leadership skills
- Excellent understanding of Agile ways of working and methodologies.
- Extensive experience in model development and life-cycle-management in one or more industry/application domain
- Ability to build and nurture internal and external communities
- Applications/Domain-knowledge in Telecommunication and/or IoT, a plus.
- Ability to work independently with high energy, enthusiasm and persistence
- Experience in partnering and collaborative co-creation, i.e., working with complex multiple stakeholder business units, global customers, technology and other ecosystem partners in a multi-culture, global matrix organization with sensitivity and persistence