Senior User Researcher
We welcome the opportunity to meet you!
Business Area Digital Services develops software-based solutions to support Ericsson’s customers to transform their network, enable and deliver multi-services to their customer’s customers. There, the user experience (UX) is recognized and established as an important part of our organization’s business and strategy.
Getting the right data from the audience our teams are designing software for is often one of our biggest challenge. Therefore, our Experience Design team is seeking for an additional Senior User Researcher to gather unbiased research data from our users and capture meaningful and significant metrics to validate the UX of our products and services.
As part of our team - 25 UX designers - you will foster a culture of user experience in the development process and will be integrated in a global UX community driving for consistency across our product suites. You will manage user data collection, analyze it and report on design, planning & execution.
Your responsibility will be to identify pain points and understand the customer’s motivations, then leverage this knowledge to research the best possible solutions, while designing personas and journey maps as well as supporting the team to create user flows, design mockups, low and high-fidelity UIs, and develop functional prototypes. You will explore various user research techniques and validate every design assumption. Your work spans across the entire business unit portfolio.
You have 5+ years of user research experience and a strong academic background. You must be self-motivated, willing to be challenged by management, experts, development teams and customers, as well as work thoughtfully in building bridges between our offices globally.
- Collaborate with UX and product teams to define user experience goals and metrics, and to determine priorities for resolution of usability problems
- Collect and analyze qualitative and quantitative user behavior through benchmark and field studies, analytics, usability tests and surveys
- Identify quantitative markers of user experience and support their application across product teams
- Predict risks and be on top of projects that require extra attention
- Drive UX assessments of our product portfolio
- Take a leadership role in guiding the teams in the design & development of world class UX
- Help drive change by communicating findings to stakeholders in the company
- Inspire, motivate and mentor creative teams
- Work with business units and in close cooperation with Solution Areas and development centers.
- Participate with our Experience Design team in defining/refining UX strategy and ways and working for our business unit
Minimum Qualifications & Experience Requirements:
- MA/MS in human computer interaction, cognitive science, experimental psychology, anthropology, information sciences or related field
- 3+ years of industry work experience in an applied research setting
- Demonstrated and quantified successes applying principles of user centric design methodologies
- Ability to initiate and lead new activities, and to work independently, as well as in a team
- Strong skills in learning and understanding complex business technologies
- Inspire, motivate and manage creative teams
- Positive attitude and passionate
- Must be able to provide publications and/or online portfolio of user research projects (or samples of preview work) - to which you have made a significant contribution
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetics.
Ericsson complies with applicable country, state and all local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location across the world in which the company has facilities. In addition, Ericsson supports the UN Guiding Principles for Business and Human Rights and the United Nations Global Compact.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and development.
Ericsson expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetic information.
Primary country and city: Sweden (SE) || || Stockholm || R&D
Req ID: 271788