Strategic Product Manager - Media Management
Red Bee Media is the world’s leading Managed Service provider to the media industry. Working with the best media brands in the world, we enrich and ensure media experiences.
We consistently deliver the highest quality Managed Services utilizing the most agile and efficient solutions to reduce time-to-market and minimize business continuity risks. We can deliver our customers’ content to their audience on every device, ensuring it is discoverable and optimized. Our goal is to be the best long-term partner to meet our customers’ complex and rapidly changing needs through our unique media heritage, technology experience and innovative drive. Our portfolio of services spans the entire media value chain including: Playout, Media Management, OTT, Distribution, Access Services, Content Discovery, Piero Sports, Graphics and Creative.
Our business has evolved to a product-centric strategy for managed service provision and our technology investment and software roadmap is aligned with that strategy. We have invested in market-leading platforms that enable us to serve our target markets with best-in-class services. Our product organisation is responsible for ensuring that we have the best possible capability sets to support our customers – ensuring that our products & services are commercially attractive and fully aligned with the needs of content owners, rights holders, broadcasters, sports and other professional media organisations. For Media Management, our Nucleus platform is a hybrid cloud platform that embraces workflow optimisation, metadata management and media process automation based on a micro-services architecture and Red Bee - owned software stack.
We are recruiting to fill a key position in our portfolio team - Strategic Product Manager for our Media Management portfolio. The successful individual will have a critical responsibility in shaping the future of media management across our varied client base that includes some of the best-known content brands in the market. The role encompasses the definition and application of our strategic roadmap as well as the ability to make the strategy real in terms of driving forward market success, working with our agile delivery teams, owning the end-to-end commercial offering, defining product requirements, leading the creation of excellent product marketing and acting as an ambassador for the product internally and externally.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
· Acting as the lynchpin for the product across all the stake-holding groups across our business including product delivery, operation, marketing, support, finance, commercial, presales, sales, customers and suppliers.
· Ability to manage deliverables across ‘dotted line’ functions and willing to roll up sleeves and take ownership when needed across business functions - strong business skillset required across a wide range of capabilities
· Acting as the voice of the customer to ensure that the product trajectory is prioritized against real market needs and delivering against our promises
· Ensuring that we are managing our products to the highest levels of professionalism pursuing customer alignment and understanding
· To create, own and deliver against business cases, including influencing senior business leaders in alignment with your proposals
· Mapping product strategy to market trajectory ensuring a thorough understanding of competitive offerings to create a compelling proposition for our customers and articulating this positioning to colleagues and customers
· Leading sourcing decisions including build versus buy, ensuring that our cost base is mapped to customer value
· Driving continuous improvement for the product across the business and its functions
Essential Qualifications and Experience:
· Thorough understanding of the global media management market
· Expertise in product management and demonstrable success in managing successful products in the media and entertainment sector
· Strength in the service provider market, deep understanding of what makes a service successful
· Wide knowledge of the media and entertainment technology landscape
· Deep understanding of multi-platform distribution
· Strong team capabilities – able to engage with, motivate, drive success in cross-functional teams
· Good financial understanding of P&L, what it means to manage product financials
· Strong commercial acumen – capable in negotiating with suppliers and customers
· Strong understanding of agile software development approach ideally with specific experience of micro-service based architectures
· Passion for customer success, drive to succeed, enjoyment of the ride.
Desirable Qualifications and Experience:
· Experience in managing ratecard, pricing for complex services
· Knowledge / experience of the major Media Asset Management vendor technologies
· Strong understanding of public and private cloud infrastructure
· Experience in OTT delivery models
· Excellent communication and presentation skills
Role will be based at Broadcast Centre, White City, London with occasional need for global travel. Red Bee supports and encourages a flexible working culture.
This is a rare opportunity to drive forward a media product line that will shape media management for content owners, rights holders and sport organisations. If you are passionate about product management and what media management represents for the media and entertainment market, we’d love to speak with you.
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetics.
Ericsson complies with applicable country, state and all local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location across the world in which the company has facilities. In addition, Ericsson supports the UN Guiding Principles for Business and Human Rights and the United Nations Global Compact.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and development.
Ericsson expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetic information.
Primary country and city: United Kingdom (GB) || || London || ProdMgt
Req ID: 271576