CTO - Network Products
Purpose of Job Role
As a Networks CTO, you will generate Network Products sales by ensuring that Ericsson is perceived as a technology leader, preferred partner and that our solutions (end-to-end) and services provide added value by being a trusted advisor to key decision makers in customer organization and by proactively creating and driving programs that match and go beyond the customer’s defined ones. At senior level you will drive Network Products sales by providing extensive experience and knowledge on technical matters directly in discussions with customer at up to C-Level. You are accountable for customer centric, Total Cost of Ownership (TCO) optimized offerings of Network Products within the context of best networks performance. We expect you also to share and coordinate with the rest of your domain's team to leverage all Networks competence in the region. You will secure high level of harmony with Ericsson technical, sales & commercial teams.
You will mainly interface the customer technology team, but it is also expected that you strengthen assigned account(s) by influencing and supporting local networks CTOs and KAMs in direct customer dialogues, providing experience and knowledge of Ericsson technology and offerings. You will drive and support the different accounts in leveraging the go-to-market model to maximize business performance, initiate and drive programs and dialogues building on existing business.
Premium, Verdi, SalesForce, Microsoft Office
Applicable process connected to Job Role
Sales Process and Service Delivery Process
· Putting Customers First
· Applying Expertise & Technology
· Delivering Results & Meeting Customer Expectations
· Relating & Networking
· Formulating Strategies & Concepts
· Ability to translate Vision and Values into business objectives
· Managing a Changing Environment – Anticipating major change and recommending innovative strategies
· Making a Personal Difference – Challenging decisions to make sure they are based on high quality information. Builds networks across MTN opcos, and Ericsson's all stakeholders as well (e.g. Opcos, MA and BA functions…)
· Entrepreneurial & Commercial Thinking
· Persuading & Influencing
· Creating & Innovating
Qualifications and Experience
· University degree in Engineering, Master’s degree would be advantageous or equivalent working experience.
· Minimum 7-10 years’ experience from Sales engagement
· Experience in working with large and multi-national customers
· Confirmed practical thorough knowledge of Networks business/portfolio, RAN, IP and transport technologies.
· Familiar with the Ericsson organization, DS solutions and offerings (Packet Core and OSS solutions)
· To have an established network within Ericsson NEW solution & technology experts in the BA´s and with the E///’s regional NEW community
· Strong focus on achieving results and operational excellence, having focus on cooperation.
· Excellent negotiation, communication and presentation skills
· Experience and confident with customer relationships
· Ability to influence at an Executive/Senior Level
· People leadership & senior capability in managing and driving change in an organization with multiple customers
· Profound knowledge of the industry, markets and processes
· Project and budget management skills
· Experience of working in a global environment
· Fluent in English
Why is Ericsson a great place to work?
Ericsson enables communications service providers to capture the full value of connectivity. The company’s portfolio spans Networks, Digital Services, Managed Services, and Emerging Business and is designed to help our customers go digital, increase efficiency, find new revenue streams, and create new user experiences. Ericsson’s investments in innovation have delivered the benefits of telephony and mobile broadband to billions of people around the world ensuring our solutions – and our customers – are at the forefront of innovation. We support networks that connect more than 2.5 billion subscribers. With over 100,000 employees and customers in 180 countries, we combine global scale with technology and service leadership. 40 percent of the world’s mobile traffic is carried over an Ericsson network. And, our Technology for Good and Connect to Learn programs include creating technology that makes it easier to save lives, feed societies, bring technology to emerging markets and connectivity to remote areas, and grow businesses and prosperity.
At Ericsson, we give our employees the freedom to think big and navigate their career, on a global scale. We create technology that helps others, from helping people enjoy their favourite content to helping people recover from natural disasters by enabling better communications between rescue workers. Your ideas and innovations can turn into achievements that impact society and change the world, creating new connections, new possibilities, and new capabilities. We find that Ericsson is at its best when we bring together the diverse skills of our people. Working across business areas, across cultures, across geographical borders, across technical disciplines. More often than not, across ground-breaking solutions. Next generation technology can be staggeringly complex. But the simpler it is to use; the more people benefit from it. Join us and help build technology that makes it simple to connect with information, business, societies, and each other.
Tag - MMEAHJ HJ
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetics.
Ericsson complies with applicable country, state and all local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location across the world in which the company has facilities. In addition, Ericsson supports the UN Guiding Principles for Business and Human Rights and the United Nations Global Compact.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and development.
Ericsson expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetic information.
Primary country and city: South Africa (ZA) || || Johannesburg || SalesStratMkt&ComMgt
Req ID: 271547