Master thesis: 3D physical modelling of passive components
We are now looking for an ambitious master thesis student who wants to explore and come up with a 3D physical modelling of passive components. In the context of the point-to-point radio link MINI-LINK, the ambition is to have good models of passive components as it is essential for accurate simulations which will shorten design and development cycles by fewer design iterations.
Today it exists for frequencies approximately below 20 GHz. For frequencies above this, there is a need for accurate models.
The purpose of the thesis is to develop 3D structures in HFSS for R, L and C components of different sizes by:
- Investigate different build-up principles for various components
- Build 3D models of various components in HFSS
- Verify in ADS with commercially available models up to 20 GHz
- Extrapolate models up to 45 GHz
- Design PCBs with test structures to enable comparison of simulation results and measurements
- Perform laboratory measurements for a sample set of components
- Master of science program student in electronics with knowledge in microwave circuit design.
- Knowledge in ADS and HFSS environment would be an asset but is not a strict requirement.
- You are flexible and available during the period with us.
- You are a driven and self-employed person who can structure your own work
Please apply using your CV and attaching the transcript of records from the university
In case of questions, please contact the Hiring Manager Tommy Persson at email@example.com
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetics.
Ericsson complies with applicable country, state and all local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location across the world in which the company has facilities. In addition, Ericsson supports the UN Guiding Principles for Business and Human Rights and the United Nations Global Compact.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and development.
Ericsson expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetic information.
Primary country and city: Sweden (SE) || || Göteborg || IT
Req ID: 271456