Area Product Owner
Creating the future world
Add your career to the resources of Ericsson and amazing things can happen. We are a world leader in the rapidly changing environment of communications technology – by providing hardware, software, and services to enable the full value of connectivity.
Ericsson Hungary is looking for Area Product Owner for Ericsson Expert Analytics.
Ericsson Expert Analytics is a powerful new tool offered to telecom operators producing immediately actionable customer insights in real time. Backed by specialized metrics for predicting customer satisfaction, Ericsson Expert Analytics provides the kind of deep understanding of customer behavior that allows service providers to proactively improve experience, satisfaction, average revenue per user and Net Promoter Score.
We are expanding our Budapest Expert Analytics development and support organization. We work in small teams that use Agile methodology to keep up in a fast paced business environment, we closely cooperate with Ericsson Research, customer units and service delivery organization. Our product platform combines Big Data methodologies and solutions with our unique complex event processing to create a state of the art analytics and decision management system.
As a Area Product Owner you will be a Strategic driver of the area and will be responsible for area vision and roadmap from Product Development perspective.
- Responsible of Business Requirements from Product Development perspective
- Responsible to break down these BRs to Epics
- Participate in EEA level Epic prioritization
- Engages and influence the Strategic Product Managers continuously and directly
- Support SPMs and participate in:
- Roadmap and delivery planning
- Prioritization to have a clearly defined product backlog
- Customer dialog
- Participate in cross-area conflict resolution
- Requirement ownership and routing
- Support SPMs in routing the requirements to responsible areas
- Own and Drive requirements on BR level
- Help prioritization of internal requirements (e.g. non-functional) towards the SPMs
- Involved into strategical, non-technical discussions and workshops where several areas are impacted
- Can make decisions in planning, driver/ownership and prioritization in case of conflicts
- Explains functions and improvements to customers, stakeholders
- Continuously monitoring big data industry trends, technologies and best practices
- Platform Area
- Enables development opportunity for various applications providing a Big Data Platform including the hardware setup, virtualization aspects, Operating System and 3PPs like Redis, HBase, Impala, Hadoop, Zookeeper and Kafka
- This area is also responsible to provide end-to-end solution for security and serviceability aspects like OS hardening, Firewall, Monitoring (Fault and Performance Management), Configuration Management and Install/Upgrade within the product
- Data-flow Area
- Responsible for the main data-flows and data models starting with the collection of data from network nodes and interfaces via Adapters and Probes, Correlation, KPI calculation and put the correlated data into the storage layer (Kafka, Impala and HBase) which can act as an interface towards business intelligence applications and UIs
- Adapters, Probes and Correlator are written in C++
- Insights Area
- Responsible to package hands-on use cases into the product, to provide meaningful Incidents and KPIs from definition until validation involving Telco Domain Experts and Data Scientists
- Related applications implement higher level business intelligence - mainly written in Java and Scala unsing Machine Learning techniques as well
- Presentation Area
- Responsible to display use cases defined by Insights area both in Subscriber and Network level analytics
- The area has a dedicated UX team to focus on the usability and usefullness aspects and to secure Ericsson brand compliance.
- A MS/BS degree in Computer Science or related
- Solid system architecture or software architecture background
- Experience with big data and analytics technologies
- Solid telecommunication domain knowledge
- EEA product related knowledge is a plus
- Strong in Communication skills
- Good in Representation aspects
- Presentation skills
- Consultative skills
- Mentoring skills
What we offer
- Flexible working hours
- High standard working environment (recreation room, bicycle storage, parking lots…)
- Easily accessible location
- Competitive compensation package, wide range of cafeteria elements, annual bonus
- International career opportunities
- Great team spirit, fun events
- Professional communities
- Extensive professional development opportunities
- Subsidized language courses
- Mobile with 4G, laptop
- Local medical service
- Relocation support
What you need to know about Recruitment at Ericsson?
As a first step within our selection process, you will be asked to fill out our technical tests based on your experience and preference to work in.
The candidates who best match the criteria for the position, will move on to the next step in the process – the interview.
Ericsson is one of the leading providers of Information and Communication Technology (ICT) to service providers, with about 40% of the world’s mobile traffic carried through our networks. We enable the full value of connectivity by creating game-changing technology and services that are easy to use, adopt and scale, making our customers successful in a fully connected world.
We welcome the opportunity to meet you!
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetics.
Ericsson complies with applicable country, state and all local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location across the world in which the company has facilities. In addition, Ericsson supports the UN Guiding Principles for Business and Human Rights and the United Nations Global Compact.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and development.
Ericsson expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetic information.
Primary country and city: Hungary (HU) || || Budapest || R&D
Req ID: 271400