As a Solution Architect (SA), you will be responsible for managing customer solutions utilizing Ericsson’s Activation portfolio. The SA is engaged with the account team from pre-sales and solutioning through design, development, implementation and conclusion stages of the project. The SA should be competent in handling constant changes of scope and displaying leadership with respect to Ericsson services professionals as well as third party suppliers and subcontractors. As a SA you will be placed at the center of activities, entailing a high level of interaction with Market Areas, Product Units, Systems Integration teams as well as Customer, Technical, Marketing and Business Development and Customer Account teams.
Based on business needs, responsibilities may include the following:
- Analyze complex customer business requirements and formulate detailed requirement specifications that serve to enhance customer's competitive position.
- Select or propose 3rd party suppliers/products for the Customer Solution. Is able to work with and manage customized solutions and products, including 3rd party products.
- Drive changes in the methods, processes and guidelines within the customer organization or internally.
- Drive add-on sales and new business opportunities during the entire process in order to contribute to increased sales volumes.
- Manage teams of less experienced Solution Architect or Service Engineers in Customer Projects to ensure that they are delivered according to expectations and plans.
- Be recognized as a leader in knowledge sharing communities.
- Participate in technical reviews and provide technical support to our customers, third party partners and Ericsson organizations.
- Take ownership of the solution from pre-sales to delivery and lead the delivery team towards successful delivery (quality, on time and within budget).
- Deliver all services as per the Ericsson Global and Regional (MANA) Processes.
- Expected to travel domestically/internationally and sometimes on short notice with variable durations (30-100 days per year).
- Play significant role in improvement initiatives and contribute in knowledge sharing, innovation program and automation effort
- Acts as a leader/mentor for less experienced colleagues.
- Active in add-on sales
- At least 5 years of relevant working experience in OSS Activation domain with Ericsson Dynamic Activation (EDA) and Ericsson MultiActivation (EMA) including provisioning, resources configuration and Consistency Checker.
- Good knowledge with provisioning methods towards the core nodes (HLR, FNR, AUC), IMS nodes (DNS, HSS, PGM, BWAS, etc.), UDC nodes (CUDB, HLR-FE, HSS-FE, etc.), and charging nodes.
- Experience in gathering & analyzing OSS business requirements and translating them into software design.
- Extensive Experience with Java EE, JAX-WS, JAX-RS, Scripting Languages (Bash, Python) and Web Service APIs (SOAP/XML, REST).
- Understanding of TCP/UDP, DNS, FTP, DHCP, DNS, HTTP & RIP Protocols
- Experience working on RDBMS & NoSQL Databases (Cassandra, MongoDB)
- Good understanding of Openstack, cloud-based deployments, infrastructure and networking.
- Experience in Agile delivery (preferably Scrum).
- Good knowledge of operator networks & business environments as well as Wireless and broadband networks.
- At least 2 years of experience working in a direct customer-facing role and in service delivery costing.
- Experience in putting together commercial proposals and development of business cases
- eTOM, TOGAF, ITIL and TM Forum Knowledge.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and presentation skills highly desired
- Strong problem-solving skills and ability to examine situations from a highly analytical perspective
- Strong leadership, people management, customer management, negotiation skills needed
- Ability to work under stressful situations, meet tight deadlines and deliver services with high quality
You might also have:
- Eight+ years of relevant experience in a Software or Telecommunications environment where at least 5 of those years are in a Solution Architect position or equivalent.
DISCLAIMER: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of employees assigned to this position. Therefore employees assigned may be required to perform additional job tasks required by the manager.
Primary country and city: United States (US) || || Bellevue || ServEng
Req ID: 271342