Software Developer (f/m/d) - Herzogenrath
In the beginning, we revolutionized analog communications with new switching techniques and technology. When the digital revolution came we were first there too. When broadband was in its infancy we were already working on the technology that would become 3G, and we were developing 4G long before the smartphone became ubiquitous. Now we lift communications into a new dimension with 5G. Every innovation has a story of its own, with a lot of great people joining together to challenge traditional ways of thinking.
Software Developer (f/m/d), Req. ID 271329
Location: Herzogenrath (Aachen)
To support our expanding team, we're now looking for enthusiasts who have fresh ideas and a solid educational background in high-end technology areas, such as cloud computing, distributed systems, networking and data storage and security.
- Drive technology development and innovation in the field of next-generation mobile networks (5G)
- Influence product roadmaps based on your proven technology competence
- Play an active role in all phases of the product development process by designing, testing, deploying, maintaining and enhancing our software solutions
- Participate and drive knowledge sharing and learning
- Work together within agile teams, locally and globally, on virtualized network functions and cloud technologies
- Take a visible leadership role in projects with customers and partners of Ericsson
- MSc./BSc. in computer science, communication engineering, math, physics or related technical field
- First experiences through an internship in software development or/and passion for software development
- Good practical experience with one or more general purpose programming language (Java, C++, Python, C),
- Good foundation of some of the following programming concepts: Client/Server programming ideally with REST, data structures and algorithms, IP and network programming, open source projects
- Good knowledge of AI technology basics
- Practical experience in some of the following areas is an advantage: OpenStack, VMWare, Docker, Kubernetes
- Understanding of modern software development tools such as Eclipse, Git, Gerrit, Jenkins, HELM or Spinnaker
- Real-time programming and optimization algorithms experience is a plus
- “Can do” attitude, result driven and unconventional thinker, having an innovative mindset and inspire others
- Very good English language skills
- Being part of a team, where your contribution really matters
- An international working environment
- Good learning and personal development opportunities within the Ericsson Corporation
- Global, innovative projects that provide challenges for you
- Flexibility in the way and time you work
The ambition is high. That is why we are seeking motivated individuals to accelerate the momentum in our region. Please kindly apply via the Ericsson Jobsite at www.ericsson.com/careers. Applications via e-mail cannot be accepted due to the data protection regulations. For queries, you are welcome to contact Varvara (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Discover what makes YOU + ERICSSON a powerful combination ericsson.com
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetics.
Ericsson complies with applicable country, state and all local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location across the world in which the company has facilities. In addition, Ericsson supports the UN Guiding Principles for Business and Human Rights and the United Nations Global Compact.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and development.
Ericsson expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetic information.
Primary country and city: Germany (DE) || || Herzogenrath || R&D
Req ID: 271329