3rd level support Engineer
At Ericsson, we give our employees the freedom to think big. Your ideas and innovations can turn into achievements that impact society and change the world. Are you ready to be a change-maker?
Learn what makes YOU + Ericsson a powerful combination. Join us today.
We are one of the leading providers of Information and Communication Technology (ICT) to service providers, with about 40% of the world’s mobile traffic carried through our networks. We enable the full value of connectivity by creating game-changing technology and services that are easy to use, adopt and scale, making our customers successful in a fully connected world.
Together, in Romania we create a culture of innovation, constantly transforming to find new ways of working. Opened in 2007, the Global Site in Bucharest is one in only four all over the world, the only one situated in Europe and a vital component in Ericsson’s global services organization. The Romanian site currently counts on a team of 1,900 strong professionals and enthusiastic young specialists and is developing constantly to meet customer needs.
A 3nd line engineer is expected to be a high seniority person with competence in multiple technologies and ability to gater this mix of knowledge altogether.
The chosen engineer will deliver support on a variety of complex (broadcast specific) IT systems.
This requires a very good level of understanding and experience of AD, MS/Linux servers, networking & storage, which would be assumed to be present.
With this knowledge the engineer should be able to independently acquire a good understanding of the logical coherence of several elements within services provided.
The engineer should understand why & how certain technologies are applied, and follow complex troubleshooting principles in order to be able to resolve issues quickly. The engineer takes ownership of issues through to resolution and communicates to the (internal) customer.
Main accountabilities – you will:
- Proven experience with system &/or services based on complex, multilayer workflows;
- Very good experience with Linux OS – different flavors, CentOS especially
- Significant experience in working with Active Directory
- Substantial experience of reading, creating and applying complex (workflow)designs and specifications;
- Knowledge of media-file formats, streaming, non-streaming;
- The ability to work in near on-air and online environment with corresponding short deadlines;
- Substantial experience of, supporting and troubleshooting complex enterprise-level Microsoft and Linux based systems in a fast paced commercial environment, with the ability to resolve issues;
- Experience with working with monitoring tools, configuring and debugging
- A deep understanding of network protocols
- Knowledge of VM-ware environments;
- Knowledge of standard Linux tools & scripting languages (Ruby, Bash, Perl, Python);
- Detailed knowledge of Microsoft AD, Windows Server operating systems and core infrastructure components (file servers, data migration, Windows command shell, PowerShell);
- Substantial experience of systems automation, configuration management, monitoring tools;
- Understanding of IP-networking and common protocols such as FTP, HTTP and SSH, and understanding of network security practices including the use of VPNs, ACLs and firewalls;
- Rigorous and disciplined approach to documentation, and knowledge transfer.
- Knowledge about file transfer protocols / apps (SMB, SFTP, FTP, Aspera, NFS)
- Media Asset Management platforms such as Blue Order, AVID, Tedial;
- Baton, Vantage, Agility, Elemental;
- Omnibus, IT-X, SGT;
- DIVA, Dell Compellent;
- Riverbed/Brocade Virtual Traffic Manager;
What we offer
- We will value your competences
- You will work in a dynamic company along with the smartest people in the industry
- You will benefit from a wide range of learning and transfer knowledge from/to your colleagues
- You will have access to latest technology and support to showcase your bright ideas
- You will enjoy Ericsson’s ways of working that value the importance of work life balance
- Benefits package: including premium healthcare & gym subscriptions
- You will be part of an active community via Brand Ambassadors, CSR Activities, Sports Teams etc.
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetics.
Ericsson complies with applicable country, state and all local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location across the world in which the company has facilities. In addition, Ericsson supports the UN Guiding Principles for Business and Human Rights and the United Nations Global Compact.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and development.
Ericsson expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetic information.
Primary country and city: Romania (RO) || || Bucharest || IT
Req ID: 271292