Innovation Coach - Ericsson ONE Beijing
Ericsson One Beijing is one of the three innovation hubs that will drive our growth strategy in business area Technologies & New Businesses. We incubate ideas using the strength of Ericsson and the agility of lean startup methodologies. Under our care, ideas mature from a simple prototype to a self-sustaining Ignition unit, that can future-proof Ericsson's business and empower an intelligent, sustainable and connected world. We are a highly driven, creative and entrepreneurial team and we are now looking for experienced Innovation Coaches to join us.
As an Innovation Coach you will teach, coach, challenge and develop individuals and teams who are incubating projects at various stages of maturity. You will support incubation units to amplify their value proposition, navigate early stage customer interactions, scale their offering and explore business models and GTM approaches. You will foster a creative and learning culture, and provide feedback to the Strategy, Technology and Ecosystem teams to guide investment decisions and strategic partnership choices.
- Coach multiple innovation projects ranging from early stage MVPs with a first friendly customer to more mature projects which are preparing to launch a product offering to reach their next milestones
- Identify gaps and support with early stage business development and industrialization
- Improve sales and marketing capabilities and test go to market strategies with the project teams
- Guide and support the lean business model development
- Develop and improve the team dynamics and individuals capabilities through coaching
- Screen incoming ideas for high potential projects that should proceed to prototyping or MVP toll gates in the incubation process
- Provide project investment and divestment feedback to the Head of Ericsson One Beijing
- MBA or relevant business degree
- 5+ years experience founding a company/companies (especially B2B) or 5+ years in Venture Capital or 5+ years working with early stage product development in a large corporation
- Knowledge of Lean Business Model Canvas, Lean startup methodologies, UX/Design Thinking
- Customer insight into industries such as automotive, manufacturing, logistics etc. are highly valued
- Solid understanding of emerging technology and how to build scalable solutions
- Excellent Project and Program Management Skills
- Experience with coaching & mentoring early stage product teams or startups
- Strong communication and negotiation skill
- Experience with formulating strategies and concepts that need to pivot frequently
- Knowledge of the UN's Sustainable Development goals and how to integrate them into the growth strategy of a business is a strong plus
Why is Ericsson a great place to work?
Ericsson is the driving force behind the Networked Society where every person and every industry is
empowered to reach their full potential. Mobility, broadband and the cloud are transforming the world,
enabling industries and society to provide better services, capture new opportunities, improve
businesses, increase efficiency, and create new user experiences.
Our services, software and infrastructure support every major telecom operator in the world. The
transformation that this brings allows people, business and society to fulfill their potential and build a
more sustainable future.
With about 101,000 employees and customers in 180 countries, we combine global scale with
technology and services leadership. We support networks that connect more than 2.5 billion
subscribers. 40 percent of the world’s mobile traffic is carried over Ericsson networks. And our SEK 100
billion investment in research and development over the last three years ensure that our solutions – and
our customers – are at the forefront of innovation.
At Ericsson, we give our employees the freedom to think big. Your ideas and innovations can turn into
achievements that impact society and change the world. Are you ready to be a change‐maker? Learn
what makes YOU + Ericsson a powerful combination. Join us today.
Founded in 1876, Ericsson has its headquarters in Stockholm, Sweden. Net sales in 2014 were SEK 228.0
billion (USD 33.1 billion). Ericsson is listed on NASDAQ OMX stock exchange in Stockholm and the
NASDAQ in New York.
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetics.
Ericsson complies with applicable country, state and all local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location across the world in which the company has facilities. In addition, Ericsson supports the UN Guiding Principles for Business and Human Rights and the United Nations Global Compact.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and development.
Ericsson expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetic information.
Primary country and city: China (CN) || || Beijing || R&D
Req ID: 271199