Principal developer SW craftmanship
We invented mobile internet and now we are taking it to the next level. Join us to be part of our 5G journey!
The Radio networks are built by large amount of software systems. All of them with different requirements and characteristics. Some are standardized orchestration SW on COTS and others are specialized SW on specialized massive parallel hardware executing radio algorithms. They all work together as the distributed brains of mobile internet.
In Baseband development projects, many disciplines are working together to integrate SW in a complicated anatomy of functionality and SW components. Despite dependency on structure, agility is a key to success. Creative solutions and cooperation need to come frequently to be able to achieve goals.
We at Product Development Baseband (PD BB) are part of Product Development Unit 4G&5G (PDU 4G&5G). We drive end-to-end baseband software product development, relying on the competence and capability of our people to take on full feature responsibility i.e. enabling the implementation and verification of full feature requirements. The baseband software implements the layer 1 and layer 2 protocol layers of the Ericsson RAN product family. The software is deployed on Ericsson baseband hardware where the baseband software interacts with layer 3 software, Radio modules and O&M.
What are we looking for?
Are you a software designer, with above excellent software design knowledge? Do you believe your skills can improve, transform and enhance software design in a company creating one of the most advanced products in the world? Do you get a kick by creating functionality that has never been created before, in any other product? If you are the person above, we think you are great, and we are looking for you!
The Principal Developer - Software Craftmanship Baseband
Your days will be filled with
- You will be part of a highly skilled group of engineers and you will be joining a community of people that enjoy creating world most advanced products
- You will set and drive the Baseband strategy and development plans for the technical direction together with other tech leads on how to take baseband SW craftmanship to the next level
- You will be a driver in the baseband software community on how to make baseband SW craftmanship easier to develop and to test. This will be done by sharing best practices, creating and following up on guidelines on how to develop baseband code to meet our architectural strategies at the same time adding customer value
- You will introduce and drive different software development techniques for example TDD (Test Driven Development), mob programing.
- You will identify and drive if and how Ericsson can open baseband SW code to share to open source. You will also be responsible to represent Baseband in open source community
- You will represent Ericsson in different developer conferences to brand Ericsson as technology leaders and attract new talent
- You will have continuous contact with academia, to be up-to-date with the latest trends and research within the software craftmanship area.
- You are expected to be aware industry trends regarding software craftmanship, to understand competition and be able to secure our technology leadership in the Baseband SW area.
Who are you?
- You have a long and proven track record on being an excellent developer
- You are passionate about software development and development techniques
- You have experience and skills in public speaking and technical writing
- Strong listening and communication skills
- You are a natural leader
- You adhere to Lean and Agile principles
- You have a MSc level or higher in Computer Science
Your application should clearly state why you believe you are good candidate for this position. The selection and interview process is ongoing. Therefore, send in your application as soon as possible.
Last day to apply: 28th of April. For questions please reach out to the responsible recruiter: Denise at email@example.com or the Hiring Manager: Samir at firstname.lastname@example.org
Why is Ericsson a great place to work?
Ericsson enables communications service providers to capture the full value of connectivity. The company’s portfolio spans Networks, Digital Services, Managed Services, and Emerging Business and is designed to help our customers go digital, increase efficiency, find new revenue streams, and create new user experiences. Ericsson’s investments in innovation have delivered the benefits of telephony and mobile broadband to billions of people around the world ensuring our solutions – and our customers – are at the forefront of innovation. We support networks that connect more than 2.5 billion subscribers. With over 100,000 employees and customers in 180 countries, we combine global scale with technology and service leadership. 40 percent of the world’s mobile traffic is carried over an Ericsson network. And, our Technology for Good and Connect to Learn programs include creating technology that makes it easier to save lives, feed societies, bring technology to emerging markets and connectivity to remote areas, and grow businesses and prosperity.
At Ericsson, we give our employees the freedom to think big and navigate their career, on a global scale. We create technology that helps others, from helping people enjoy their favorite content to helping people recover from natural disasters by enabling better communications between rescue workers. Your ideas and innovations can turn into achievements that impact society and change the world, creating new connections, new possibilities, and new capabilities. We find that Ericsson is at its best when we bring together the diverse skills of our people. Working across business areas, across cultures, across geographical borders, across technical disciplines. More often than not, across ground-breaking solutions. Next generation technology can be staggeringly complex. But the simpler it is to use; the more people benefit from it. Join us and help build technology that makes it simple to connect with information, business, societies, and each other.
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetics.
Ericsson complies with applicable country, state and all local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location across the world in which the company has facilities. In addition, Ericsson supports the UN Guiding Principles for Business and Human Rights and the United Nations Global Compact.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and development.
Ericsson expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetic information.
Primary country and city: Sweden (SE) || || Lund || IT; R&D
Req ID: 271140