The Ericsson Service-Aware Policy Controller (SAPC) is the central policy node in the telecom operators’
network coordinating the nodes to behave according to the operator's pre-defined policies. It is called PCRF
in 4G specification of 3GPP standard and PCF in 5G network.
As a Software Developer in SAPC, you will
- Work with leading edge technology for Ericsson’s mobile broadband and IoT solution over cellular
- Work with system manager and operational product owner to understand customer requirements and
come up with solutions
- Work in Agile software development process to develop new features in an efficient way
- Handle customer inquiry or perform product maintenance work with strong trouble-shooting skills
- Participate in all function test and automation test activities including test plan, environment setup, design
and execution of test cases and regression test
- Design documentation like component description and modeling during system design and
- Co-operate with colleagues in Europe to ensure the software delivery on time with best quality
- Outstanding C++ and Java programming skills
- Deep understanding of design pattern and be familiar with popular data structures.
- Familiar with Linux OS including inter-process communication, multi-threading, etc.
- Familiar with at least one of script languages: Shell, Python, Perl, TTCN
- having knowledge of cloud and virtualization of network functions.
- knowledge of Docker and Kubernetes is a plus
Minimum Qualifications & Experience Requirements:
- BSc level in a technical discipline or the equivalent level of knowledge
- English Skills: fluent speaking and writing
Preferred Qualifications & Experience Requirements:
- Knowledge on Packet Core network architecture and PCRF/PCF node function in 4G and 5G network
- Solid network protocol knowledge in telecom standards (3GPP, DIAMETER, etc.)
- Experience on LDAP, SQL, XML, Radius Diameter, SNMP, Webservices, SOAP
- Knowledge on Lean & Agile principle and experience in Scrum software development process
- Good coding style and be familiar with software developing procedures.
- Knowledge on TCP/IP network
- Knowledge on software integration and verification, including test process and test methodologies, CI/CD.
- Familiar with test automation practices, tools and framework
- Knowledge on TTCN and/or Python script language
- Knowledge of clound and virtulization, such as Openstack, Vmware.
- Knowledge of software implementation based on Docker and Kubernetes
Additional Requirements, Physical Demands, Region/Local Specifications:
- Knowledge Sharing & Collaboration Skills
- Communication Skills
- Ability to learn new technology quickly and apply to work tasks
- Innovative and solution thinking
- Open minded and easy going
- Strong team work spirit and flexible to take challenges
Why is Ericsson a great place to work?
Ericsson is the driving force behind the Networked Society where every person and every industry is
empowered to reach their full potential. Mobility, broadband and the cloud are transforming the world,
enabling industries and society to provide better services, capture new opportunities, improve businesses,
increase efficiency, and create new user experiences.