Product Development Leader
Creating the future world
Add your career to the resources of Ericsson and amazing things can happen. We are a world leader in the rapidly changing environment of communications technology – by providing hardware, software, and services to enable the full value of connectivity.
Ericsson Hungary is looking for Product Development Leader.
In our organization, part of the Business Area Digital Services, we are now looking for an R&D Line Manager to lead some of the development teams located in Budapest. Team's operations include requirement analysis, code development, integration CI/CD and test automation frameworks for common components covering: execution environments for telco applications (vDICOS), data bases (DBS) and Network Protocols (Diameter). Those components will enable Network Functions to run in both virtualized and containerized environments as well as supporting a rapid and cost effective transition from cloud ready to cloud native technologies.
Our teams are part of the Product Development Unit Components Development (PDU CD) which is responsible of development of common assets for multi-users across Ericsson. The PDU is a corner stone of Ericsson to enable maximized return on investment in R&D by promoting reuse and reducing time to market. We develop world class software!
In your role you will:
- Lead and coach individual and teams.
- Take care of people personal and professional growth.
- Secure that the organization has the needed capability and support to contribute to our operations
- Drive the long-term technology evolution.
- Be responsible for budget, forecast, recruitment, and staffing within your area of responsibility.
You will report to the Head of the development unit Middleware IP & OS (MIPOS) part of the PDU CD, and you will be an active member of the Leadership Team member contributing to the success of our organization.
The unit MIPOS is located in Stockholm (Sweden), Budapest (Hungary) and Jorvas (Finland).
- Extensive knowledge, and recent successful track record of R&D International Line Leadership (Multi-Country) of Software Development, and solid knowledge of delivering Ericsson software products to GA.
- Good business and market understanding ability to see the big picture.
- Proven strong leadership skills in particularly People and Thought leadership skills. You should be able to give clear examples of success stories that came from your Lean Management style and empowerment of people
- Ability to empower and inspire people to higher motivation in a larger organization.
- Proven successful track record in driving organizational innovation and Change Management through strong solution orientation. You are curious and have a constructive questioning behavior.
- Strong knowledge of Agile/Scrum and personal experience from its implementation and scaling in large development organizations with technically complex systems is a strong advantage.
- Technology and/or product knowledge within the responsibility area is an advantage.
- Excellent interpersonal and verbal communication skills: you must be fluent in oral and written English and have excellent presentation skills.
What we offer:
- Flexible working hours
- High standard working environment (recreation room, bicycle storage, parking lots…)
- Easily accessible location
- Competitive compensation package, wide range of cafeteria elements, annual bonus
- International career opportunities
- Great team spirit, fun events
- Professional communities
- Extensive professional development opportunities
- Subsidized language courses
- Mobile with 4G, laptop
- Local medical service
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetics.
Ericsson complies with applicable country, state and all local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location across the world in which the company has facilities. In addition, Ericsson supports the UN Guiding Principles for Business and Human Rights and the United Nations Global Compact.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and development.
Ericsson expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetic information.
Primary country and city: Hungary (HU) || || Budapest || R&D
Req ID: 270765