CBA Support engineer
Creating the future world
Add your career to the resources of Ericsson and amazing things can happen. We are a world leader in the rapidly changing environment of communications technology – by providing hardware, software, and services to enable the full value of connectivity.
We are now looking for a Developer.
At Common Asset Services, within the PDU Component Development, our mission is to accelerate the adoption of Component Based Architecture (CBA) in all Ericsson products, and support CBA based Application’s Journey towards cloud native and ADP. At present CBA components are used in more than 35 different Ericsson applications. CBA provides the ability for application developers to reuse software components, and the freedom to combine them with any other software or hardware, native and cloud. The CBA components are based on state-of-the-art technologies, including a significant amount of open-source software.
The CBA support team is the interface for the application organizations for issues and problems relating to the components.
We support application organizations, in development as well as deployment and live phase with external customers.
As a CBA Support Engineer, you will be expected to collaborate with component design organizations and application organizations within Ericsson. You will drive the solution of problems, take part in trouble shooting activities and ensure satisfactory solutions to problems. You will also identify and document workarounds, best practices and proposals for system improvements.
- Ability to communicate clearly in English
- Self-motivated, with the drive to solve problems and expand your knowledge.
- Service minded and always keep the customers interest in mind
- Strong analytical and system skills
- Team player, working for the team success
- Outgoing and willing to cooperate also across organizational boundaries
- Good knowledge and trouble-shooting skills in IP network configuration, focusing on layer 2 and 3
- Good knowledge in real time clustered Linux, including bonding
- Good experience of troubleshooting Linux systems
- Good understanding of virtualized environments
- Good knowledge about Cloud, CEE or Vmware
- Good knowledge of CBA components mainly vDicos and DBS components is a merit.
What we offer
- Flexible working hours
- High standard working environment (recreation room, bicycle storage, parking lots…)
- Easily accessible location
- Competitive compensation package, wide range of cafeteria elements, annual bonus
- International career opportunities
- Great team spirit, fun events
- Professional communities
- Extensive professional development opportunities
- Subsidized language courses
- Mobile with 4G, laptop
- Local medical service
- Relocation support
What you need to know about Recruitment at Ericsson?
As a first step within our selection process, you will be asked to fill out our technical tests based on your experience and preference to work in.
The candidates who best match the criteria for the position, will move on to the next step in the process – the interview.
Ericsson is one of the leading providers of Information and Communication Technology (ICT) to service providers, with about 40% of the world’s mobile traffic carried through our networks. We enable the full value of connectivity by creating game-changing technology and services that are easy to use, adopt and scale, making our customers successful in a fully connected world.
We welcome the opportunity to meet you!
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetics.
Ericsson complies with applicable country, state and all local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location across the world in which the company has facilities. In addition, Ericsson supports the UN Guiding Principles for Business and Human Rights and the United Nations Global Compact.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and development.
Ericsson expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetic information.
Primary country and city: Hungary (HU) || || Budapest || R&D
Req ID: 270620