Program Manager - 5G for India
Ericsson enables communications service providers to capture the full value of connectivity. The company’s portfolio spans Networks, Digital Services, Managed Services, and Emerging Business and is designed to help our customers go digital, increase efficiency, find new revenue streams, and create new user experiences. Ericsson’s investments in innovation have delivered the benefits of telephony and mobile broadband to billions of people around the world ensuring our solutions – and our customers – are at the forefront of innovation. We support networks that connect more than 2.5 billion subscribers. With over 90,000 employees and customers in 180 countries, we combine global scale with technology and service leadership. 40 percent of the world’s mobile traffic is carried over an Ericsson network. And, our Technology for Good and Connect to Learn programs include creating technology that makes it easier to save lives, feed societies, bring technology to emerging markets and connectivity to remote areas, and grow businesses and prosperity.
At Ericsson, we give our employees the freedom to think big and navigate their career, on a global scale. We create technology that helps others, from helping people enjoy their favourite content to helping people recover from natural disasters by enabling better communications between rescue workers. Your ideas and innovations can turn into achievements that impact society and change the world, creating new connections, new possibilities, and new capabilities. We find that Ericsson is at its best when we bring together the diverse skills of our people. Working across business areas, across cultures, across geographical borders, across technical disciplines. More often than not, across ground-breaking solutions. Next generation technology can be staggeringly complex. But the simpler it is to use; the more people benefit from it. Join us and help build technology that makes it simple to connect with information, business, societies, and each other.
We are looking for Program Manager for our 5G for Industries India Program. The program purpose is to show and use Ericsson 5G technology in industries and environments not traditionally using e.g. cellular technology. Through the program we want to identify and validate use cases enabled by 5G technologies properties of low latency, high reliability, security, edge computing and network slicing. We do this in cooperation with partners, customers and universities, a recent example being our live streaming of 4K video over 5G for the US Open in Golf 2018 together with Fox, Intel and AT&T (https://www.ericsson.com/en/news/2018/5/4k-over-5g-at-u.s.-open).
We are now looking for a Program Manager to ensure technology leadership and profitable business for Ericsson by:
- Contributing to Ericsson technology strategy
- Developing novel concepts, solutions and algorithms
- Driving standardization
- Introducing the solutions into product development
- Presenting prototypes, concept demonstrations and publications.
- Ericsson Research develops concepts, solutions, methodologies, and algorithms supporting all aspects of Ericsson’s products and services. The rapidly increasing demands for mobile broadband access in combination with needs for new technology and solutions and the Networked Society where everything that benefits from being connected will be connected: creates challenging and exciting opportunities for our organization. Building on our experience from real operations, profound knowledge about existing standards, and forward-looking research, we invent and master advanced concepts and solutions that shape today’s and tomorrow’s ICT industry.
- Education: M Sc or equivalent or PhD or Licentiate degree. Practical experience is not required.
- 12- 18 years of experience required
- Experience from leading larger customer and/or partner projects delivering business value
- Excellent ability to mobilize and communicate with internal and external stakeholders
- Strong leadership capabilities (people, organizational, business) and understanding of Research Projects
- Good contact network with BA’s, MU’s and in ER and strong ability to create Ericsson Internal and external contact network
- Understanding of 5G standards developments
- Know-how of Ericsson’s Way-of-working is an added value
- Strong analytical skills and ability to acquire new knowledge and apply it in the job
- Good communication skills in written and spoken English
- Ability to formulate problems and solve them independently
- Creativity and ability to work independently
- Ability to develop and drive new ways of working, to produce research results in a more efficient way
- Deciding & Initiating Action
- Working with People
- Presenting & Communicating
- Applying Expertise & Technology
- Leading the 5G for India Program internally and externally
- Identify and propose relevant Industry Partner for the Program.
- With Partner identify relevant use cases for the Program to be implemented
- Evaluate the potential benefit for Ericsson Research for selected use cases
- Contribute to internal Ericsson Research team to align research and products/standards/patents
- Drive key technologies areas of 5G driven by Ericsson
- Collaborate with relevant CU’s and Operators for use case implementations
- Securing stake holders support for selected use cases
- Drive implementation of selected use cases
- Seek financial sponsors for programs e.g. foundations, government
- Be active and influence regional ecosystem and establish Ericsson as though leader
- Perform, document and communicate research studies, measurements or computer simulations.
- Create new technical solutions and protect them with Intellectual Property Rights (IPR)
- Represent Ericsson in external fora such as standardization, university collaborations, and customer meetings
- Supervise and coach other researchers
- Develop Research strategies
- Develop evaluation tools, demonstrators or test beds
- Skills in supervising master thesis students and Researchers will be a plus
Work Location: Gurgaon
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetics. Ericsson complies with applicable country, state and all local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location across the world in which the company has facilities. In addition, Ericsson supports the UN Guiding Principles for Business and Human Rights and the United Nations Global Compact. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and development. Ericsson expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetic information.