Head of Strategy for BDGS
Do you have an interest of defining the future of Digital Services? We are now looking for a Head of Strategy Business Area Digital Services (BDGS) to take our BA further. The future will look very different and the future starts today. We are re-inventing the service provider experience and intend to accelerate the latest innovations seen in both mobile and cloud. Ericsson Digital Services does this by delivering best in class software, solutions, and platforms with leading technologies, built and delivered by the best people. Now we’re taking the next step, leveraging web scale with an iconic user experience for our customers and their customers, and therefore be the partner of choice for service providers. Ericsson Digital Services provides solutions and platforms in OSS, BSS, Telecom Core, Communication Services, and Cloud Infrastructure – leveraging cloud and automation technology.
Head of Digital Strategy role is based in Sweden, reports to Marie Large, Head of BDGS Commercial Management and Strategy. You will also be a manager for a smaller unit of direct reports supporting you in the strategy work. In this role you will be responsible for the BA Digital Services overall strategy, ensuring long term competitiveness in the market we decide to address. We expect you to make a difference in the strategy creation and execution, drive the business intelligence & competitor intelligence, gain foresight in conjunction with external customers, partners and industry stakeholders.
- Ensure long-term profitability and competitiveness by having a business plan and strategy execution in place for the full Business Area.
- Support Solution Areas (SAs) and Functional Areas (FAs) in their strategy creation. Ensure strategy execution.
- Outlining Strategic priorities, Business Development including M&A and divestments.
- Coordination and support of Solution Areas, Functional Areas and Market Areas intelligence network. Creating and sharing insights.
- Drive business and competitor intelligence, securing an outside- in view. Gaining insights to decide strategy execution.
- Proven track record in Analysis of market, industry, financial and competition, trends analysis and insight creation. Ability to coordinate with a multifaceted stakeholder map, inside the Business Areas, across Business Areas and corporate functions and with the Market Areas.
- Broad expertise in technology industry, technology trends and portfolio.
- Ability to take a broad view of the market, identify disruptive trends & opportunities, bring knowledge of market dynamics and market changes to the Leadership team/Business Area Leadership team
- Experience of delivering in a leading strategy role is required
- Knowledge of the global telecom market and its transformation is needed.
- Consulting experience or approach is a definite attraction
- Education: MBA or MSc, otherwise similar set of theoretical skills
- Deep domain expertise in the areas of Strategy creation, Strategy execution, Business development and Business intelligence.
- Extensive contact network inside and/or outside of the company. Good technology and portfolio understanding. Good analytics skills. Structured thinking. Goal oriented.
- Previous line manager experience will be considered as advantage.
We are looking forward to receiving your application not later than February 17 2019 23.59 CET. Selection and candidates` evaluation is ongoing thus your early application is more than welcome!
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetics.
Ericsson complies with applicable country, state and all local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location across the world in which the company has facilities. In addition, Ericsson supports the UN Guiding Principles for Business and Human Rights and the United Nations Global Compact.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and development.
Ericsson expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetic information.
Primary country and city: Sweden (SE) || || Stockholm || Consulting&SysInt; IT; ProdMgt; R&D; SalesStratMkt&ComMgt; ServEng; SharedServ; Stud&YP; Supply&Log
Req ID: 270422