RAN Solution Architect - RBS Solutions
We are now looking for a RAN Solution Architect - RBS Solutions who will be responsible for analyzing, designing and developing commercially viable RAN Solutions for our customers in UK. As a Solution Architect you will also be you will also be responsible for providing profitable business for Ericsson by translating customer needs, and technology opportunities into detailed technical offerings, solutions and proposals.
In this role you will be responsible for High Level Solution Design within the UK Telefonica Beacon Programme. This role is responsible for producing all customer specific High Level Design documentation, based on the generic solutions agreed with Customer by RAN CSR in the pre-sales solutions team. You are required to have expert knowledge of ERS Radio and related products and solutions, for the modernisation of the customers 2G/3G/4G network, with introduction of LTE advanced and 5G. This is a permanent position based in UK.
- You will be responsible for producing and updating the High Level Solution Designs for RAN/RBS Configurations within the UK Telefonica Beacon Programme
- You will be responsible for applying the generic RAN configurations & BoM which have been agreed by the pre-sales solution team with customer in the contract/accepted offer into the customer specific configurations/BoM in the High Level Design
- Prepare HLD (High Level Description) documents including product descriptions, configurations, diagrams (Nodes Layouts on Baseband/Radio levels) and connectivity diagrams showing details connections between baseband/radio modules
- Make required changes to HLD during contract negotiations or for Customer change requests
- Work closely with the Solutions pre-sales team to develop future upgrades and new solutions
- Support new solution propositions and customer trials
- Provide support to the KAM, programme and presales solutions team on RAN Solutions, for customer change requests, pre-sales opportunities and RFI/RFP
- Act as the prime interface to program team and customer to answer questions and provide solutions to issues related to products and configurations within the HLD
- Support New Product Introductions, provide solution support to lab testing team for new solutions, and FSI (First Site Integration) of new products into the customer network.
- Monitor support information/warnings related to HLD products and asses their impact, provide resolutions if needed
- Work closely with the Site Engineering Lead and provide support on new/updated configurations and solutions in the RAN HLD, to ensure that the HLD is translated into all the necessary Low Level Site Engineering/Installation Engineering documentation, ensuring methods and procedures are in place for smooth and successful rollout of the RAN.
- As a Solution Architect in this key position in the programme, you will be expected to identify add-on sales and business growth opportunities into the customer account
- You will be working on RBS Solutions using the latest ERS products, Radio, Baseband, and also Site Solutions, structures, enclosures, power, cooling, for Macro and Small Cell scenarios.
- Education: University Degree in Relevant Engineering technical discpline
- Minimum years of experience: At least 5 years experience as Solution Architect providing RAN technical solutions to customers, in the areas of Ericsson Radio, RBS products, Site solutions for Network Modernisation.
- Domain experience:
- Must have excellent knowledge and experience of Ericsson Radio Products:- ERS, RBS6000, Site Solutions, RAN Solutions and RAN Features.
- 2G, 3G, 4G LTE-Advanced, 5G.
- Experience in producing Solution Descriptions, Solution Proposals
- Experience with New Product Introduction for Radio, Baseband, Enclosures, RBS Site Products
- Experience in supporting RFx presales opportunities, developing solutions, proposals, costings, and customer presentations
- Experience from technical job roles is required, e.g. proven experience working as Solution Architect producing High Level Design Documents or previous relevent experience as Advanced Engineer or Network Engineer
- A Solution Architect candidate is assessed according to the following tracks:
- Domain, E2E, Network Optimization/Network Design, Fiber Network Design and Site Energy Design.
- Communication: Must have very strong verbal and written skills providing effective communication and able to build strong professional relationships with both business and technical colleagues.
- Leading and supervising - Ability to lead multi-disciplinary technical teams
- Proactive – initiating action and taking decisions
- Customer Focused - delivering results and meeting customer expectations
- Planning and Organising - Excellent time management and organizational skills. Self-motivated.
- Team Performer - Ability to work in a team and individual environment
- Commitment - Dedicated to meeting the goals and objectives of ETL. Demonstrate all the core values and behaviors promoted by ETL
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetics.
Ericsson complies with applicable country, state and all local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location across the world in which the company has facilities. In addition, Ericsson supports the UN Guiding Principles for Business and Human Rights and the United Nations Global Compact.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and development.
Ericsson expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetic information.
Primary country and city: United Kingdom (GB) || || Reading || Consulting&SysInt; IT; ProdMgt; R&D; SalesStratMkt&ComMgt; ServEng; SharedServ; Stud&YP; Supply&Log
Req ID: 270285