2nd Level Operations Team Lead
2nd Level Operations Team Lead
What does your future look like?
We are on the brink of the Networked Society - a technology revolution that will change the world for good through instant global connections and expanded freedom and opportunity.
Ericsson is a world leader in the rapidly changing environment of communications technology – providing equipment, software and services to enable transformation through mobility. Headquartered in Stockholm – Sweden, Ericsson is a publically listed company with more than 95,000 employees globally.
More than 180 countries use Ericsson equipment and more than 40 percent of the world's mobile traffic passes through Ericsson networks. Technology is at the heart of our business. Ericsson engineers, researchers and scientists around the world are working on what’s next in information, communications and telecommunications (ICT).
A connected world is just the beginning. Your passion determines what comes next! Apply your ideas and insights to empowering people, business and society.
Come and discover what makes YOU + ERICSSON a powerful combination
We welcome the opportunity to meet you!
In this role, you will:
- Prepares implementation proposals to ensure accurate and timely implementation of solutions and new application systems.
- Performs system test to ensure correctness of design solutions.
- Takes decisions that affect quality and timeliness of work tasks.
- Priorities given assignments.
- Participates in Emergency Call-out roster.
- Participates with the customer in network investigations with a view to improve overall network performance.
- Represent Ericsson at customer meetings.
- Leads investigations in conjunction with the system design and support engineers.
- Assists and guide lower level engineers to ensure correct working mythology.
- Perform preventive maintenance routines to ensure maximum availability.
- Hardware & software fault investigation.
- Interface to front office, CPM & Field teams to resolve performance issues.
- Performs Ericsson internal managed service security, audit and reporting activities.
As our ideal candidate, you will have:
- Telecommunications knowledge, eg. telephony switching principles, telecommunication networks, signalling traffic concepts and product functional demands.
- Good communication skills (written and spoken) in English.
- Proven ability to solve complex technical problems and trouble shooting experience with regard to systems that are in operation.
- Knowledge of Ericsson operation, customer support responsibilities and tasks.
- Ability to present complex information in a concise, simple manner.
- Ability to perform in a high-pressure environment, including handling real-time emergencies with customers in distress.
- Willingness to work hours as the job requires.
- Skill levels for Senior Engineers as per Ericsson Competency Model, RASO Service delivery career model.
- Understanding of LTE Protocols (IP, S1AP, SCTP, GTP, Diameter, LDAP, SOAP)
- Understanding of Packet Core Network Elements including SGW, PGW, PCRF/SAPC, IPWORKS/DNS, MME, HSS, UDC/CUDB)
- High level understanding of IP security
- Understanding of LTE network topology.
- Experience with Ericsson core networks preferred.
- High knowledge of TCP/IP and packet routing principles
- Programming skills in C++, Perl, VB, Unix Shell, an advantage.
- Experience in troubleshooting and supporting Routers, Switches, Firewalls and F5 Load Balancers
- Experience working with Cisco/Juniper/Ericsson-Redback and F5
- Knowledge of IP systems and protocols MPLS, OSPF, BGP, ISIS, EVPN, GRE, VRRP, QoS
- High level of Linux competence and familiarity with common command line tools: cat, grep, sed, awk, vi, tr, cut, etc.
- TCP/IP WAN configuration and capacity planning
- Knowledge of the following tools – such Ethereal, Wireshark, MRTG,
- Experience with Ericsson Mini Link TN microwave systems desirable.
- Experience with Ericsson RNC & eNodeB for LTE desirable
Ericsson offers a truly global company, with a diverse, performance-driven culture, an innovative and engaging environment and opportunities to work across borders. Our employees live our vision, core values and guiding principles – sharing a passion to win and a high responsiveness to customer needs that in turn makes us a desirable partner to our clients.
In Australia, we are known for delivering “World-1st” projects for Australia's largest and most renowned telecommunications carriers. This is a chance to play a critical role in the success of the Ericsson organisation in Australia, whilst providing you with a fantastic career development opportunity and the chance to work alongside the brightest minds in our industry.
We invite you to join our team as we work together to solve the world’s biggest challenges.
This position is located in Sydney.
Follow us social media –
We will not be providing a work permit/visa for this position
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetics. Ericsson complies with applicable country, state and all local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location across the world in which the company has facilities.
Please Note: We are only interested in applications from individuals and are not interested in any speculative calls or submissions from Recruitment Agencies.
Primary country and city: Australia (AU) || || North Ryde, 11C Talavera Road || IT